What's new

What yaqi/dscosmetics razors are worth it?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
How is the blade rigidity? By looks, I am getting flashbacks of the Yaqi Katana which had zero blade support and the blade just rudely jutted out. It was incredibly efficient, but was rather scary to use.
Should let @Eben Stone answer first but when he said ultra aggressive, he really meant what he said. I already hesitate to recommend the Timeless Slim OC to others as it is fairly aggressive, and compared to the Knight Helmet it is like a foam sword compared to a katana. Soo... guess you are warned enough now. :)

To answer the question: The top cap bends the blade firmly so much that the blade is very stiff despite having no support from above despite it visibly sticking out a lot. You can make the Knight Helmet a lot milder by shaving shallow, it has a lot of leeway with the effective shaving angle.

Should let @Eben Stone answer first but when he said ultra aggressive, he really meant what he said. I already hesitate to recommend the Timeless Slim OC to others as it is fairly aggressive, and compared to the Knight Helmet it is like a foam sword compared to a katana. Soo... guess you are warned enough now. :)

To answer the question: The top cap bends the blade firmly so much that the blade is very stiff despite having no support from above despite it visibly sticking out a lot. You can make the Knight Helmet a lot milder by shaving shallow, it has a lot of leeway with the effective shaving angle.

Wow.

Is that a fixed angle razor? The Tile done right?
Maybe so. I also have the Yaqi Tile, I think that the Ghost is even milder than that. The Tile is one heavy razor indeed. I have paired it with RR Super Knurl handle and love the heavy, kind of industrial feeling of it, kinda similar than Yaqi Bohemia...

Top Bottom