What's new

What to brew my tea in???

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Just a note Silky, the Yixing pots vary in size, but most are made for individual use.

Thanks. I forgot to mention how tiny some of them are. I have some that are just 3-4 ounces, and a large may go for 8-10 ounces.

They're really intended for mulitple infusions of small, individual cups.

You need to get yourself a gaiwan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gaiwan

Gaiwans are lidded bowls used to infuse tea. You can either drink straight from it, or decant it into another vessel. Use it for any type of tea and mind your steeping times. They are perfect for oolongs, since you can usually infuse that type of tea several times.

Also, it is best to infuse green and white teas with the lid open.

ouch

I have several of them, but never quite got the hang of drinking out of them.

Gimme an old cup.

ouch

I would tell my "three teas of Texas" joke, but I'd get kicked out of here.

Just a note Silky, the Yixing pots vary in size, but most are made for individual use.

An infuser and a mug will work just fine though if you would rather go in that direction.

Totally off topic here, but what is your Avatar? I was thinking it looked a bit like Elric!?

You need to get yourself a gaiwan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gaiwan

Gaiwans are lidded bowls used to infuse tea. You can either drink straight from it, or decant it into another vessel. Use it for any type of tea and mind your steeping times. They are perfect for oolongs, since you can usually infuse that type of tea several times.

Also, it is best to infuse green and white teas with the lid open.

I was actually thinking about something like this. How big is a typical Gaiwan, is it a full size coffee mug size?

By the way, love your Avatar as well.

I always make my tea in the same French press that I make my coffee in (after a thorough cleaning obviously).

In fact, this is the exact one. I think it came from Target.

Most of them are pretty small. Mine hold about three ounces or so.

Man, that's way too small. I measured out my favorite coffee mug that I use for tea and it holds 10oz of liquid. Having something that's only 3 oz would seem like a lot of trouble for me.

THanks for letting me know the size though.

Yeah, that's what I have, a Chatsford. I use it for company; when I am just brewing a single cup for myself I just use an infuser in my mug.

I use:

proxy.php
+
proxy.php

Top Bottom