What's new

What softens hair?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Actually there was research done that shows how moisture can significantly reduce the effort needed to cut hair in just 2-3 minutes. Link to the well researched thread on this below:

Thanks for sharing this.

Exactly. You can prove it to yourself quite easily if you soak one hand in water and then cut your nails on both hands (one soaked and one not). The soaked nails will be much, much softer and cut much more easily. Your fingernails are made of keratin, the same as hair...

1706844070437.png

"You're soaking in it."

Some good information. I used to use pre-shave oils, and from time to time still use the Ach Brito Glyce soap. I've been using Noxzema cleansing cream almost exclusively for the past year. That appears to be not only good for preparing for the shaving, but also clearing up some dry patches I get. I'm also a shower shaver, so my skin gets a lot of water prior to my shave.

Hydration. Warm water has been shown, in studies, to hydrate hair faster. For this reason, I personally always shower (warm), and cleanse my face while showering, before a shave.

Top Bottom