What's new

What podcast(s) are you listening to?

Everyone and their mothers has a podcast these days. What are you all listening to?

I'll start based on topic:
Cars & Motorcycles- Everyday Driver, Carmudgeon Show, Highside/Lowside by Revzilla
Fitness & Nutrition- Stronger by Science, Dan John Podcast, Sigma Nutrition Radio
Science & Tech- Skeptics Guide to Universe, Tech Won't Save Us, Surveillance Report

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Way I Heard It - Mike Rowe.
A series of stories with a twist from history, from old to recent, that gives a glimpse into how a minor thing at the time changed the outcome of a situation completely.
Been going on a couple of years, and though it has changed from a quick 10 minute weekly podcast to a longer format, it's still a fantastic and entertaining piece.
His past episodes are available for downloading and are well worth the effort.

I listened to several for a while, but have since switched to more audio books.

Up First (NPR) - Morning news fix. This is the only one that I still listen to regularly
99% Invisible - I'll listen to this one on occassion. I really enjoy the obscure design choices they dig into.
How Stuff Works - I enjoyed this for a while, but started finding the banter more obnoxious than fun. YMMV
The Moth - Some of the stories told here were hilarious. Some were incredibly sad.

The Way I Heard It - Mike Rowe.
This sounds great I had never heard of it.

I listened to several for a while, but have since switched to more audio books.
For years and years listened to all sorts of podcasts, usually driving to and from work and often enough as I was falling asleep at night. Off and on I have also listened to quite a few audio books. But now I seem to listen more to various things on You Tube most often, Rumble or Facebook shorts sometimes. I am not sure what happened. I used to love Dan Carlin, but then he stopped doing the Common Sense podcast on any regular basis and his, although he joked and apologized about how long it too him to do episodes of his Hardcore History podcast and how episodes kept getting delayed, eventually I sort of lost interest. I am sure I would like his podcasts if I could remember to check for new ones. For awhile I was liking the various podcasts by Double Elvis on rock and roll topics, such as 27 Club (creative mixture of fact and imagination) and Badlands, but I seem to have lost interest.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This sounds great I had never heard of it.
To give an example, one episode talks about a poker game that went bad and a man was stabbed and killed, 2 of the 3 remaining men ran, and one stayed.
The police arrived and arrested him and charged him with murder.
It then switches to the story of Ernesto Miranda, who under interrogation confessed to the rape of an 18 year old woman.
It explains the events which lead, right or wrong, to his freedom and the formation of "Miranda Rights".
It switches back to the poker story, and the suspect, under his Miranda Rights, refuses to talk, and is eventually released.
So the precedent set by the Miranda case saved him.
It turns out however that the man who was stabbed and killed at the poker game was Ernesto Miranda himself.

The earlier episodes were, I think, the best.

Phil, I love that fantastic bit of irony! Sounds like good old Ernesto had a propensity for being at the wrong place and the wrong time, and was not a one trial learner about not doing that!

I occasionally listen to:
Dropping the Gloves - Hockey
The Drew and Mike Show - I listened to Drew and Mike on morning radio many years ago. Mike has since passed away.
Crime Junkies - True crime.

I occasionally listen to:
Dropping the Gloves - Hockey
The Drew and Mike Show - I listened to Drew and Mike on morning radio many years ago. Mike has since passed away.
Crime Junkies - True crime.
I may have to check out Dropping the Gloves. Thanks!

• Stuff you should know
  • History on Fire
  • Planet Money
  • Art of Manliness
  • Invisibilia
  • In Our Time
  • The Ron Burgundy Podcast

Never really got into Podcasts, but with cricket season coming up I've started listening to:

- The Analysis Inside Cricket
- Middle Please, Umpire
- The Grade Cricketer
- Test Match Special
- Wisden Cricket Weekly
- HalfwayUpMiddle

I've added a couple to the rotation
  • Trackside - Racing, mostly open wheel. Based in Indianapolis
  • ADHD Experts - Have a kiddo dealing with this and I need help
  • Good Inside - Another ADHD informational one the wife recommend I check out

I've been listening to podcasts for years so I've listened to a bunch of different ones on all sorts of topics. Many I listen to for a while and then grow tired of them. However, a few have stuck around for several years now....

Chewing the Gristle - Guitar related podcast hosted by Greg Koch
Fly on the Wall - Dana Carvey and David Spade
Kentucky Afield - Outdoor hunting/fishing/conservation
Wired to Hunt - Whitetail deer hunting

I'm always exploring though, but these seem to be my go-to's.

I've been listening to podcasts for years so I've listened to a bunch of different ones on all sorts of topics. Many I listen to for a while and then grow tired of them. However, a few have stuck around for several years now....

Chewing the Gristle - Guitar related podcast hosted by Greg Koch
Fly on the Wall - Dana Carvey and David Spade
Kentucky Afield - Outdoor hunting/fishing/conservation
Wired to Hunt - Whitetail deer hunting

I'm always exploring though, but these seem to be my go-to's.
Greg Koch is not only one of the best guitarists around, he's also hilarious.
I've had the pleasure of hearing the Koch-Marshall Trio live and meeting him.
Me: "Hey, Greg, great to meet you. I love your work. You know, you've inspired me to do something."
Greg: "What's that?"
Me: "Quit playing guitar."
He laughed. :laugh: