What's new

What is your "Sunday Best" lineup?

What gear do you break out for those special days? Saturdays, Sundays, special occasions, etc. or when you want to use the most luxurious products you own (but don't risk wasting them during the week...)

Mine:

- Monster Plissoft - so comfortable!

- L'Occitane CADE soap* and ASB

- Fine Clean Vetiver AS

- To prep: Lush Beard Softener/Face Wash and Proraso PSL

- EJ DE89lbl with Gillette SPs.

* soon to switch to AOS Sandalwood tub cream...

Only 2 really luxurious products in my rotation, but I'll give the reason in the line-up

China - Unbranded cream handled badger brush
Turkey - Hammered copper shaving mug
Italy - Proraso White Shaving Cream
England - Windrose SP-4 with thick Merkur style head
Egypt - Rainbow Stainless - One of my favourite blades, unfortunately no longer available in Europe, prohibitively expensive to buy in USA and ship to Spain
India - Alum Block
Germany - Boss Aftershave - Two very close friends of mine gave me a 50ml bottle for my birthday 3 years ago, now there's only enough left for 2 or 3 splashes, and I'm hoarding it like liquid gold !!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Sunday's just another day to me. For special occasions, I use the same thing I use any day. It's all pretty much luxurious.

Vintage EverReady 1000 pure badger brush with original knot
MdC original shaving soap
1940s Canadian Tech bar handle
Polsilver Super Iridium blade
Mason's Crabtree & Evelyn scuttle

here is a sunday shave set.

altho with all the great shave options we have, seems like everyday is a sunday!

proxy.php

Sunday's just another day to me. For special occasions, I use the same thing I use any day. It's all pretty much luxurious.
+1

Any shave where I can get out my brush and DE is a luxurious shave. Right now I am using a tub of Cella. That is wonderful soap. Things like it make every shave a special occasion.

When I have more time, like some weekends, I use a scuttle to make warm lather. (Don't have a picture of scuttle)

I don't really have any luxury creams/soaps or AS - I blew all my shave money on razors. I tend to go with my favorite on most days which changes but is currently Caties bubbles LPV.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463094106.803852.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On 6 days of the week I use whatever I want, but I reserve my G.F.T. Spanish Leather cologne for Sundays only. Love it!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
SUNDAY<SUNDAY<SUNDAY Every Sunday Vintage Old Spice Soap ,after Shave, Cologne and Zenith Horse Hair Brush < Gillette Silver Blue and of course My 1936 Gillette Aristocrat :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:$IMG_4265.jpg$IMG_4262.jpg$SWR_1727.jpg$IMG_4200.jpg

Last edited:
For me:

Wolfman WR1 razor

Simpsons Duke 2 brush

Haslinger's schafmilch soap

Personna red blade (Israeli)

Fine American Blend AS

I like to reserve my Proraso white lineup for my Sunday shave: preshave cream, soap and ASB...and whatever razor, brush I am using that week/day.

I break out my AOS Tallow soap and one of my softer badger brushes. Currently that means either my Opal handle with a TGN Super Silvertip or a Simpson's Tulip 2 Super 3 band that I just got. It's going to be the Tulip for sure tomorrow.

The razor and blade will vary according to whatever I feel like.

My brush never changes - Parker pure badger

I have two razors that I like equally well - Gillette New SC and a Merkur HD barber pole

Usually what makes for a luxury shave for me is the soap and aftershave. For soap I go with B&M Nocturne. It was a gift from my fiancé (now my wife), and I used it on our wedding day.

For AS I use Stirling SDM. I love the scent and how it makes my skin feel.

Top Bottom