What's new

What is your favorite shaving razor to shave your head?

Well that's the simple question for the club head shaved.

What is your favorite shaving razor to shave your head?

I use mainly the wilkinson sword extreme III razor. The completely disposable one rather than the one with replaceable carts.
Recently I've also been using the Headblade razor, too.

With the exception of straight razors & shavettes, I use whatever I'm using to shave my face with; FatBoy, Toggle, Aristocrat #22 or Merkur 37C. My head is less sensitive than my face so it can take whatever I throw at it.

My favourite would probably be the Aristocrat #22, I just love the balance and aggressiveness of that razor!

The only razor I've used so far to shave my head is my Cobra Classic. I haven't tried with a DE, straight or shavette, or cartridge razor.

I use whatever I'm using to shave my face with; New Type, Old Type, Superspeed, SE's (Damaskeene, Jr., MMOC) or Injector.
My head is easier to shave than my face so it can take whatever I throw at it.

My favourite would be hard to choose, I would have to go with the SE Damaskeene, it gives a great shave with neat sound effects (like buttering toast).

An independent poll of head shavers within our household reached a unanimous verdict: the Merkur 37C. Also: join the Head Shavers' Checkin if you haven't already.

An independent poll of head shavers within our household reached a unanimous verdict: the Merkur 37C. Also: join the Head Shavers' Checkin if you haven't already.

Second vote there, although I've only tried a Feather Popular and the 37c. Looking for a Vintage Tech and NEW LC, as I've heard they are also great head shavers.

Prewar Tech/Kronos handle, one pass everyday... Did shave my head for 3 days and a NEW LC knocked it out with one pass..

I rotate:

1924 ER Shovel head
1912 GEM (Squat head)

Both: GEM PTFE blade

I shave daily. Face first, head second.

Front: One pass with touch ups
Back: One pass with touch ups

I use an Alum Block. I then moisturize face and head with a beard balm.

I don't like drama. Henson razors give me consistently excellent shaves with no drama.

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 01/26/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 791
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson Mild = 367
Henson Medium = 155
Henson Aggressive= 270

IMG_6308.jpg

Top Bottom