What's new

What does your forum name mean?

I was new to participating in any forum and wasn't very creative. SteveWY... My name is Steve and I live in Wyoming. I think I could come up with a better name now!

My name is completey random....wish I had a great story, but alas I do not. I am not all that frugal and the name James or Jimmy is not in my actual name. Ive been using it for a while though on forums and instagram etc......I guess I better think up a cool story for it.

Surreal and Trip were my nicknames. Trip because it's short form of my real name and surreal because I corrected my English teacher on the first day of school that there are two r's in surreal.

So classy

Carmo has been my nickname all my life. When Radiohead released Karma Police, folk started calling me CarmoPolice. Hence, my name for B&B. I am also known as The Doc.

Mine is from a Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore sketch. I'm English and I love the way the sketch sums up our stiff upper lip, silliness and awkwardness about sex.

If you haven't seen it before you really should:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is because my last name is Richoux, most people cant say it to save their lives so I always say it's like you re-shoe a horse. So Reshoe stuck, and the USAF is because I'm in the Air Force.

I used to have a cat named Pugsly, after the Adams Family character. He vaguely resembled the cat in my current avatar, but with more teeth and less patience.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm a professional musician and I made mine up to use on another forum and just stuck with it. It's kind of a musical joke in that there really is no B# (except in very unusual circumstances in written music). So my music friends get it and we think it's clever even though nobody else probably does. It is a pretty good name for a shaving forum too though.

BeSharps was the name of Homer Simpson's Barbershop Quartet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am Owen C in Fort Worth. The avatar was given to me by the mods when Rudy Vey made a pink shaving brush for a Sue Moore Memorial fundraiser auction. When I say it I said "I want a pink shaving brush". I received that avatar, and earned my first custom title.

Well, it either means I'm such a lousy shott that all I can hit when I'm out hunting are the oake trees; OR it's an homage to my favorite thinker Michael Oakeshott (1901-1990) who taught at Cambridge and the London School of Economics where he had lunch with and severely corrected another B&B member prior to Oakeshott's resignation in 1969. Since I reread his essay, Rationalism in Politics, every other year or so, it would be safe to say that the latter explanation is the most likely. I'm still a lousy shot though

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom