What's new

What do you guys think of me going back to cartridge shaving full time?

Love my Art of shaving I received for Christmas. Love proglide, though it is prone to clog. I bought a Mach 3, like that too. Use Mach 3 when I don't shave for a few days, proglide the rest. Also, use a toothbrush to clean proglide as needed seems to work.

Wet shaving takes time. That's just a fact. I happen to think it's worth it, however it's not for everyone. I would go with what works for you. I doubt you'll find anyone here that will give you a hard time about it.

If this were the 19th century British Army you'd have the epaulets ripped from your shoulders and your sword snapped over the color sergeant's knee as you were drummed out of the encampment.

BUT, alas, this isn't, so, do whatever suits you and your beard.

-Greg

Actually, if you were in the British Army between 1860 and 1916 then you would have to grow a moustache.

The "dirty secret" of DE shaving is that it typically takes longer to get a super close shave. As others have said, using a brush and good shaving cream/soap will still benefit a cartridge shave.

The larger amount of my shaves are TracII & Sensor. The Rocket is for weekends and the odd day time shows up. As much as I do enjoy the DE shave, it just wont do the neck as good as a Sensor. Regardless of blade, the routine is what does it for me, the scents, the time, the music, etc..

After trying quite a few DE razors and blades I came to the same conclusion as fritts80. Although I wouldn't be getting near as good a shave with the cartridges without using the DE razors to get the proper technique down and found out the proper prep and after shave routine that works the best for me, thanks to the shaving forums. I even tried the straight razor for awhile but came to the conclusion that the technique and prep is the most important aspect of shaving. Unlike what most people report on the forums I get the most irritant free and closest shaves using the cartridge razors for both head and face shaving. The DE was second and the straight razor was third in closest and irritant free shaves. I think part of it is because I shave usually first thing in the morning and my attention and coordination aren't the best first thing in the morning and the cartridges are more forgiving if you slip up in your technique.

Top Bottom