What's new

What are the differences between the HD and the EJ Gregorian

Hiya Everyone,

I would like to know, if someone could tell me the differences between the EJ Gregorian, and the Merkur HD.

Is one heavier than the other?

Does one shave better than the other?

Does one razor have more pieces to it than the other?

Feel free to answer any questions I didn't ask....:biggrin:

Thanks,

I would like to know, if someone could tell me the differences between the EJ Gregorian, and the Merkur HD.

The "EJ Gregorian" is a very old model, named after Pope Gregory, who specified a new calendar for shaving, and standardized the Shaving Year at 365 days. One common custom -- neither attributable to him, nor observed by all users -- is "Shaveless Friday" (Note: use of an electric razor does not fulfill the requirements of this edict).

The "Merker HD" is a much more recent model, with a decidedly modern and colorful history, yet which retains firm roots in the past. This model comes in a variety of standard body styles, and is also found with custom alterations, ranging from "mild" to "wild". Wearing blue jeans (with or without leather chaps) and thick-soled boots, while shaving with this model, are strictly optional.

Not to be confused with the EJ Georgian which is the forum razor seen here.

Thanks for the clarification from one post to another. So in that regard, what's the difference?

And do you know what it is made out of: Nickel or chrome or what?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the clarification from one post to another. So in that regard, what's the difference?

And do you know what it is made out of: Nickel or chrome or what?

Thanks in advance,

Same Merkur Head so blade exposure would be equal. I believe Joel mentioned that it is a bit heavier than the HD due to the handle which gives it a better balance and feel.

Top Bottom