What's new

Well that sucks...

One of the very first vintage straights I bought off ebay before I even half knew what I was doing was a Carl Schlieper "Eye" Solingen.
Photos didn't show clearly, but the tip was badly bent.
20220523_181817.jpg

I tried to straighten out the bend, and had probably massaged out 90% of it when there was a "ting!" and the bent section flew off...oh well, put it aside and make a shorty...

20220529_173548.jpg

Some careful work with a dremel and ultra fine cutting disc and I've got myself a nice looking shorty...time to clean it up!

20220910_150345.jpg

Started on the flats with a ceramic stone, and was polishing them up on 600...starting to look really nice with the flats coming up with some shine, stamping starting to pop, and butter fingers dropped it on the bench.
No biggie...except that all along there was a nice crack hiding under the surface rust just waiting for a chance to get worse!
Oh well...better now than when I've got a mirror polish and a new set of scales!!!

20220918_121534.jpg

20220918_121613.jpg

Time to put that one aside as a $20 life lesson and move on to the next one...some you win, some you lose.
I was looking forward to shaving with it too...they have a pretty good reputation.

C'est la vie!

Ahh!

Maybe try some super glue, or solder and get back into it again?
That's the highest stress part of the razor... don't think there's any coming back from that.
I'll take it on the chin and get stuck into restoring an obscure Sheffield that's been waiting is turn...then there's a Thiers Issard ready to go after that.

Time to put that one aside as a $20 life lesson and move on to the next one...some you win, some you lose.
I was looking forward to shaving with it too...they have a pretty good reputation.

C'est la vie!
Thank you for that. It is far worse than any experience I've had with a razor. I will remember it during the bad times, the frustrating times, and find gratitude and peace.

Top Bottom