What's new

Wasn't looking...heard metal hit tile....looked down and saw....

This morning I was getting ready for work and turned around a bit too quickly; I must have brushed up against the little narrow strip of molding on the wall that holds razors "on display." I heard something hit the floor and looked down expecting disaster.

There she was, on the black and white (hard) ceramic tile.

My beloved GEM G-bar.

Unscathed. Not so much as a scratch, or dent, or misalignment, or flaw of any kind.

Goodness, they knew how to make 'em, didn't they?

This morning I was getting ready for work and turned around a bit too quickly; I must have brushed up against the little narrow strip of molding on the wall that holds razors "on display." I heard something hit the floor and looked down expecting disaster.

There she was, on the black and white (hard) ceramic tile.

My beloved GEM G-bar.

Unscathed. Not so much as a scratch, or dent, or misalignment, or flaw of any kind.

Goodness, they knew how to make 'em, didn't they?
If you had to drop one, you picked a good one. The g-bar is simple in design and strongly made. I wouldn't want to drop the TTOs, adjustables, OCs or the 1912s.

One of my cats jumped up on the vanity and knocked my G-Bar onto my big toe, thank goodness I had removed the blade, as I am sure it would have cut me. I hurt bad enough just having that thing slam into my toe from four feet...OUCH!!!:cursing:

Did I check the foundation? Yes. Luckily I live in a brick house with a post-and-beam frame built in the 1820s, so while there was a shock to the tectonic plates on which we sit, the house itself was fine. Thanks for asking. ; )

I'm not that impressed. I dropped a Gillette Fusion on ceramic tile and it didn't even have a scratch. The only problem was it didn't shave well afterwards, but come to think of it, it didn't shave well before either:lol:

I'm not that impressed. I dropped a Gillette Fusion on ceramic tile and it didn't even have a scratch. The only problem was it didn't shave well afterwards, but come to think of it, it didn't shave well before either:lol:

And it wouldn't break your toe if it hit it either! I think all of y'all should send me your vintage razors and start using Fusions, just to protect your toes!:001_rolle

Top Bottom