What's new

Wade and butcher 1" and completion of my second 7 day set: a study in horn

So this is my second 7 day set: a study in horn... they mostly ended up looking similar but I learned alot about thinning material... I stole one from my previous 7 day set and replaced it with an acrylic scale razor so it matches that whole set... I love the randomness of horn and it's pretty soft to cut and easy to polish.... Definitely my scale material of choice from here on out!

Wade and butcher 1" okay I'm lying it's 0.977 inches.. once again started way late in the night and done with all hand tools so as not to **** off my neighbors... black acrylic wedge, NiAg liners and hardware.. this is by far the most care I took in making scales.. making sure everything was correct..

Steps: coping saw--> hand file to shape--> Drill pin holes--> dremel to bevel edges --> up the sanding ladder--> hand shaped wedge then NiAg liners superglued on--> finish pinning--> polish

below is the rest of this 7 day set(not in this order in pics):

1. Wade and Butcher 1" in honey horn and NiAg liners and hardware black acrylic liner
2. Wade and butcher 13/16 celebrated in black horn and MOP kirinite wedge
3. Wade and butcher celebrated fine india steel black horn and translucent blue wedge
4. Federick hall 3/4 celebrated in honey horn and NiAg liners and hardware black acrylic liner
5. p. gueriton french razor in brown horn and white wedge
6. Wostenholm IXL celebrated 15/16 in honey horn brass hardware and white acrylic wedge
7. Wostenholm pipe razor 5/8 in honey horn and white acrylic wedge

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385786006.050867.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385786021.874125.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385786033.040516.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385786046.328334.jpg

And the others

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385786062.337731.jpg

Last edited:
The icing on the cake... All tucked in

Pencil cases we sell at cvs for 8 or nine bucks... Fits a 7 day set perfectly

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385792409.005483.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385792419.554183.jpg

Nice case! I built one out of an old Avon set a month or so ago. It looks nice, but not as modern or shiny as that one.

Heespharm,

I haven't seen that pencil case in my CVS. I don't see it on the web either. What's the name on that case? Was it down by the pens/pencils/etc...?

Nice job on your restores :thumbup:

Heespharm,

Did you add any foam/felt to the box to get your razors to stand up like that?

I cut 1" by 2" sticks out of 1/4 inch acrylic, wrapped those in self adhesive foam then put foam spacers in between the sticks to make grooves for the razors... Then on the tang side I cut " v " notches in the foam a little shorter than the razor so it adds pressure as it sinks into the "v" grooves

E.g:

Stickstick
Razorrazorrazorrazorrazortang > (v notch)
Stickstick

Btw the box in sending u androidad has the same foam I used in it..

Thank you all for the kind words.... Tonight I'm working on four more.... I think I've bitten off more than I can chew

Very nice set. My eye is drawn to the Wosty IXL, dig that one , and the honey horn FBU. Hell, my eye is drawn to all of them.

Top Bottom