What's new

Visit to Cambridge Chemists! *PICS!*

On a recent visit to NYC I stopped into Cambridge Chemists down on Lexington Ave. It took a couple tries to catch Scott, but it was worth it! We chatted for quite a long time about all types of things shaving related. I learned a bit about colognes while I was there! Mostly just had fun shooting the breeze.

Scott took over the store from his father who opened up shop about 50 years ago if I remember correctly. They have been selling wetshaving products years before before I was even born. They carry popular lines like Trumper's, Taylor's, more DR Harris than you can shake a stick at, Castle Forbes, Simpson, and more. Also, they carry Czech and Speake's entire line and some K-10 goodies!

The store has an old feel about it and the staff is great. Scott gave me samples and made me a decant of the C&S Cuba. Sorry boys, I have a decant of 88 and it isnt something I can wear enough to justify a bottle! My visit was a blast and I suggest you stop in! Tell them you are from B&B and you get 10% off!

Lastly, Scott has a couple NIB pre-vulfix Chubby 3's kicking around. :w00t:

Yes, everything is for sale.

Side note: I asked Scott what he uses and the answer was: DR Harris Soap and Castle Forbes cream. He has good taste!

Everybody always misses posting a picture of Jessica, oh well.

That Simpson Tulip cut in half is pretty interesting.

I got from Scott my favorite brush, an Emperor 3 and he is a nice guy to talk to.

I don't think I've ever been there while Scott has been in the store. I do like the store, though.
Your pictures reminded me of how much I like the C&S Lavender cologne; either the Lavender or the Oxford and Cambridge, I don't remember. I should go pick up some of the shaving soap, it's just calling my name.

I don't think I've ever been there while Scott has been in the store. I do like the store, though.
Your pictures reminded me of how much I like the C&S Lavender cologne; either the Lavender or the Oxford and Cambridge, I don't remember. I should go pick up some of the shaving soap, it's just calling my name.

The Oxford & Cambridge soap is really really good... I doubt seriously that you'd regret that purchase:thumbup1:

The Oxford & Cambridge soap is really really good... I doubt seriously that you'd regret that purchase:thumbup1:

Thanks for the tip Paul. This weekend I'll either be picking up a buffer for my straights or going to pick up some of the Oxford and Cambridge soap. Maybe even both if I'm lucky:tongue_sm

It's always a great time when I am in the city and stop by to say hello to Scott. He is a really great guy ant the store is fantastic.

Hey, I know another place like that.....:001_smile

I'm giving this thread a bump, because I had the chance to stop by Cambridge Chemists the last time I was in NYC. All I can say is WOW. As nice as it is to be able to pick up shaving supplies from all over the world via the internet, you just can't replace getting these things in a bricks and mortar store where you can put your hands on them and actually smell them. Scott was great to talk to, and told me that he just had a run on pucks of C&S 88 (more coming in 10 days). I picked up a few things.

BTW, the Simpson Milk Churn in Jonny Angel's pics of the phone both isn't there anymore. :whistling:

Top Bottom