What's new

Vintage Solingen 7-day set, pristine, one missing. $160!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the unbranded 'Garantie Solingen' 7-day straight razor set that i bought at the auction site as 'NOS' recently. I could not resist just to see what it's like!

Indeed it was essentially unused, except that Monday is missing, as listed. Razors measure 5/8", look to be half-hollow. See profile.
Several blades had slight chips and the gold wash is somewhat faded.
The handles are in excellent condition and all blades center true and tight. No rust or cracks. Tuesday blade has slight scratch near heel, does not impinge on edge, see pic.
I spent a day removing chips, especially 'Sunday', and then refining all the edges. Keep in mind, I'm not a razor expert, so these have been honed within my limited ability with a range of water stones 800 to 12k. I've shaved, fully (great shaver!) or at least a cheek, with each blade and I judge them shave-ready, but it's up to you whether to refine further!

Includes original box, in fair condition considering its age, as well as the buyer's 1948 customs document when he shipped it from Germany to his dad in Schenectady! Also a photo of the original buyer, courtesy of ancestry.com!

Offering it essentially at my cost, $160, CONUS, paypal only, USPS priority shipping included! See pix (offer excludes any other shave items on these pics!)

PM if interested or any question!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom