What's new

"Vinny Bobo" Edition Ever-Ready

Thanks to Vinny,

I decided to bring an Old School Brush back from the dead. Not the first time this has been done in shavedom but fun none the less.

It is called the V.B edition due to the ever-ready restoration thread started by Vin. The brush is off course the black and red E.R. 200.

1. Mucked up Ever-Ready brush off the bay: $5.00+$5 S&H...$10.00
2. 20 mm Silver Tip badger knot, Golden Nib: $15.00+$5 S&H...$20.00
3. Marine Epoxy, Ace Hardware: $4.99
4. Mass Metal & Plastic Polish, had it: $0.00
5. 600 & 1200 grit wet-dry sand paper, had it: $0.00
6. White lacquer stick, Micro-tools: $1.89+$6 S&H...$7.89
7. Drill bits, files, scribe etc, had it: $0.00
8. Fiddle, work, fiddle, work, fiddle, did it: $0.00
9. Total Cost: $42.88
10. End Result..............................................................Priceless !!

Looks good! I just got an Ever-Ready in the mail from an E-Bay purchase. I don't believe it is as big as yours but I am looking to do the same thing. How is the knot from the Golden Nib? Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Richard

FANTASTIC!!!

I have been "collecting" less-than-perfect brushes off dbay for just such projects - thank you for showing it can be done!

Very, very nice job....

The brush preformed much better than I ever expected, nice tight knot and soft.
I sunk the knot deeper into the handle for a stiffer feel, gives my Simpson a run for it's money !!

Really nice work!

I have a Peerless red and white handle that I got as a stocking stuffer at Christmas. It currently has nylon bristles and "Nylon" stamped on the handle. To that end I've been thinking of drilling it out and then cannibalizing the knot from a Body Shop synthetic brush. You've inspired me!

I blew it on the before and after pic's, to anxious to start it.

To give the brush some weight, I gently removed the knot seat and filled the handle with a cork/black epoxy blend. Re-scribing the lettering was not as easy as I thought !!

It's your Ever-Ready tribute brother !!!

The next will be well documented. Do it right or why bother...... Searching for the next diamond in the rough, only E.V.

Tony's knots are for real......I'm thinking of starting an American badger farm, feisty S.O.B's....

Top Bottom