What's new

VIKING BATTLE Russia vs. Bulgaria

I only used the Bulgarian Viking and it is indeed excellent stuff. I liked it better than Brion, Palmolive and Arko creams. I consider it on par with Nivea.

The blue menthol aftershave (Viking Sensitive ASL) is also brilliant. I will get me some more of that summer goodness, now that this thread reminded me.

proxy.php

How are bulgarian creams, compared to macedonian Habana, Domino and Sah Zefros Men’s perfume collection

How are bulgarian creams, compared to macedonian Habana, Domino and Sah Zefros Men’s perfume collection

Viking are more modern like Nivea, and IMO slightly easier to live with. Habana/Domino are more traditional like, reminding me very much of Proraso, Brion and Palmolive. From what I read on forums beginners seem to struggle getting water ratio right with these. But I get great results with either boar or badger brushes.

Habana together with its AS have the most intoxicating oriental tobacco note in any fragrance I smelled. Domino is very traditional green and bitter fougere. SAH Zefros is a deep aromatic sour citrus and wet oak moss. It has natural oak moss extract in it so it has high organic presence. After a hot shower in a steaming bathroom that SAH is spectacular cold season AS.

proxy.php

Viking are more modern like Nivea, and IMO slightly easier to live with. Habana/Domino are more traditional like, reminding me very much of Proraso, Brion and Palmolive. From what I read on forums beginners seem to struggle getting water ratio right with these. But I get great results with either boar or badger brushes.

Habana together with its AS have the most intoxicating oriental tobacco note in any fragrance I smelled. Domino is very traditional green and bitter fougere. SAH Zefros is a deep aromatic sour citrus and wet oak moss. It has natural oak moss extract in it so it has high organic presence. After a hot shower in a steaming bathroom that SAH is spectacular cold season AS.

proxy.php

Is Habana still in production in Macedonia? A friend of mine is trying to get it for me.

Rick

I only used the Bulgarian Viking and it is indeed excellent stuff. I liked it better than Brion, Palmolive and Arko creams. I consider it on par with Nivea.

The blue menthol aftershave (Viking Sensitive ASL) is also brilliant. I will get me some more of that summer goodness, now that this thread reminded me.

proxy.php
Anyone know a vendor for that splash? I’m interested.

I'll await that shoot out with great interest. The only Bulgarian cream I've ever found unpleasant was Evterpa - ineffective and to my nose quite rank smelling. Otherwise my experiences of Bulgarian, Russian, Hungarian (love the Hungarian Figaro), and Polish creams has been like yours - great creams with a really good price:performance ration. I'm doing a series of pass-arounds and PIFs of Eastern European & Russian creams to help get the European/UK group going. I'm going to be very interested to see peoples' reactions to the selections I send out.
Evterpa has been (and still is) my staple cream for more than 12 years. Yes the black version which is the only one that survived smells a bit artificial. The last batches aren't that artificial but have much stronger calendula scent. Not my favourite scent. But still I get wonderfull results. Never liked the Viking. It lathers good and all, but I can't get s BBS. Top ten (except fot the new black version) and Karo are excellent.

proxy.php
Nice looking heavy glass bottle.... never ran across this one.

Top Bottom