What's new

Vi-John blades - Anyone have a chance to try them?

I just saw them on Italian Barber. I think they must be pretty new. I can't find anything on the web about them at all. $8 for 100 blades? Made in India. I'm tempted, but I'm sick of buying junk blades that I can't even use. But then there are Dorco Premium, which is a decent blade at a really good price. But ever since I bought 100 of Rockwell blades.....OMG. At least I was able to give them to my teenage son to shave his fuzz. They work fine for him.

Anyone know anything? I'm unfamiliar with India made blades, or how many actual manufacturers there are there.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never heard of them but I hope that someone can chime in with some information.

15398857153781226694034.jpg
Yes I bought two tucks of these in Malaysia, I was going to buy a hundy of each as they were silly cheap but I thought for once i'll be sensible and try them first.

Good call.

They were AWFUL!!! Truly shocking. I couldn't finish a shave with either variant! They plucked hairs rather than cut them.

I'm really surprised they can market such blades, because surely people will only buy once and never again? Strange!

I did take the opportunity to stock up on lots of vi-john, godreg and old spice shaving creams though! Oh and Old Spice Lime aftershave...lovely stuff!

I bought 10 from Italian barber and to be honest they worked very well in a game changer .89. I think this may blade may work differently base on the razor. Just to give you a background. I hated Derby, Rockwell blades, Bolsano this blades was better then those. I shaved with Voskhod's, some of the Rapira's, Astra SP, Feather, Gillette SB, Gillette Yellow, Persona reds. I would grade them the same as mid range Rapira. Would no be surprised if this was not a contracted out products since it i packaged almost exactly like Rapira blades.

Top Bottom