What's new

Valentini Garage????

They look expensive to me. At $400, they should be better than a vintage razor, say Filarmonica, Tanifuji, etc. Or better than a new Wacker, Ralf Aust, etc. I think I would trust those names first (and for much less $$$).

Nice looking razors, but if they were really good we would have heard of them by now. How long has he been in business? The prices are not high for Damascus type steel blades, similar blades will cost at least $1000 from established makers.

Second thought is that if you are starting out, a Spanish point is not recommended. It takes a bit of experience to keep the point from biting you. A round point or at most a square point is more suitable.

Don’t know the maker, they look nice on the website, but I am always curious about knife makers making razors.

For the price, you could buy one or two nice vintage razors that you know will shave you well.

My biggest concern is that all the razors on the website offered for sale do not have an edge honed on them. So, are they expensive wall art or razors intended for shaving?

Why would one post an expensive razor for sale, without an edge?

If you want a custom razor, for shaving, there are plenty of makers with proven record of making quality shaving razors, delivered shave ready.

Personally, I prefer Quality Vintage razors for that price point.

Thank you for the input!!!! Going to go with Ralf Aust, not sure how I will sneak this past Ole Lady. But it must have been on the shelf for a while:c1:

Top Bottom