What's new

Used my 38C for the first time

I used my 38C for the first time last night loaded w/ a new Astra blade. I whipped up some Speick super lather to treat myself because I had 2.5 days worth of stubble. Up until this point all I've used for wet shaving has been Gillettes. What happened was probably the smoothest shave I've ever had. It was so comfortable I just kept wanting to make passes. BBS has never been so comfortable.

The Merkur head has a completely different feel to it and that razor is so heavy. I really like the long handle. I was a little intimidated by the weight, but just took my time and remained cautious.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I used my 38C for the first time last night loaded w/ a new Astra blade. I whipped up some Speick super lather to treat myself because I had 2.5 days worth of stubble. Up until this point all I've used for wet shaving has been Gillettes. What happened was probably the smoothest shave I've ever had. It was so comfortable I just kept wanting to make passes. BBS has never been so comfortable.

The Merkur head has a completely different feel to it and that razor is so heavy. I really like the long handle. I was a little intimidated by the weight, but just took my time and remained cautious.

I think you will find this is the key to a superlative shave regardless of the brand.

I've had my 38C for nearly 2 years and even though I've acquired a few razors since, it remains my favorite.

Ken

I think you will find this is the key to a superlative shave regardless of the brand.

Now that I think about it, I usually get my best shaves when changing up gear. Probably because I'm more aware of being careful.

I've had my 38C for nearly 2 years and even though I've acquired a few razors since, it remains my favorite.

Ken

I was going to buy a 38C as my first razor, but decided to hold back while I tried wet shaving. Had I bought it from the get go I might not have tried some of the other razors. I still have a Fatboy and blue tip I've not used.

Top Bottom