What's new

US Military Vet's Pif, Vintage Weldon tallow shave soap puck (2)

Hi, I have two spare pucks of Weldon (aka Renleigh) tallow shave soap, vintage 1940's, one each, to pif to first two PM responding USA military vets.
Each is about 80g, 2.8 oz. Soapy or nearly scentless. But good vintage lather. Will fit most wooden bowls. Does not include the aluminum ash tray.
Shipping free to USA mailing address.

With best regards.

$IMG_7649.jpg

Not in but I have a question.

How do you know what brand this soap is? I have ~6 pucks that looks the same (the seller also had those ashtray bowls as well) and there are no markings on it at all. Mine still has a ton of scent left. It actually smells similar (and stronger) to the vintage Old Spice that I have.

Not in but I have a question.

How do you know what brand this soap is? I have ~6 pucks that looks the same (the seller also had those ashtray bowls as well) and there are no markings on it at all. Mine still has a ton of scent left. It actually smells similar (and stronger) to the vintage Old Spice that I have.

Weldon is engraved on bottom of metal bowl and was former NYC perfumer. Shave lore from various old threads pointed to Renleigh as coming from same source. Patent number on bowl dates to 1944.

Thanks to Sarimento1! Just received the soap and couldn't be happier. I will give it a try this weekend and let you all know about it.

Don

Top Bottom