What's new

Unilever has bought Personna Israeli plant

Unilever has bought the former Bond/Personna Israeli plant. This obviously means an extra player in the market and Dorco losing a major customer having retracted from the North American direct market.

Injection molding machines? I don’t know what range of products they might be producing at this plant, but the article only mentions blades. What would injection molding be used for? What other products does Unilever make?

Injection molding machines? I don’t know what range of products they might be producing at this plant, but the article only mentions blades. What would injection molding be used for? What other products does Unilever make?
Injection molding can be used to make the cartridge housings or the razor handles. Also, could be used to make the bodies for disposable razors. Practically everything that is not metal is plastic.

Injection molding in regards to shaving I would say parts of carts and handles. Might be used for shaving brush grips but even plastic boxes jars etc

The article indicates that the plant is in Beit Shean, Israel. The Personna plant was in Nazareth which is about 20 miles away. The Belt Shean plant looks like a new facility. The HR manager at the PCMR plant is a Dollar Shave Club employee.

I did check the Edgewell corporate web site and noted that the Nazareth facility is no longer listed. Thus, as far as Edgewell is concerned, the Nazareth plant is no more.

The price of Israeli Platinum Chrome blades in the red packagins has nearly doubled as remaining stocks of Israeli blades are depleted. Fortunately, Personna Platinum Chrome blades are now being made in Germany. As far as I have been able to tell, the performance is similar.

Edgewell may well have sold the plant, but I cannot find any indication of the purchaser. According to the shipment manifests, the Beit Shean facility is shipping directly to Grove City, OH, a suburb of Columbus.

Dorco USA officially closed their USA site in 2019, but still offers products through Amazon. I love the Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 DE blades. I have never tried the Pace cartridge razors. One thing I do like about them is that, unlike Gillette, all their cartridges fit all their handles.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The article indicates that the plant is in Beit Shean, Israel. The Personna plant was in Nazareth which is about 20 miles away. The Belt Shean plant looks like a new facility. The HR manager at the PCMR plant is a Dollar Shave Club employee.

I did check the Edgewell corporate web site and noted that the Nazareth facility is no longer listed. Thus, as far as Edgewell is concerned, the Nazareth plant is no more.

The price of Israeli Platinum Chrome blades in the red packagins has nearly doubled as remaining stocks of Israeli blades are depleted. Fortunately, Personna Platinum Chrome blades are now being made in Germany. As far as I have been able to tell, the performance is similar.

Edgewell may well have sold the plant, but I cannot find any indication of the purchaser. According to the shipment manifests, the Beit Shean facility is shipping directly to Grove City, OH, a suburb of Columbus.

Dorco USA officially closed their USA site in 2019, but still offers products through Amazon. I love the Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 DE blades. I have never tried the Pace cartridge razors. One thing I do like about them is that, unlike Gillette, all their cartridges fit all their handles.
Interesting thanks for all that info

You can also buy the "new" Israeli DSC razors at walmart.

DSC/Unilever built that company completely new

some of the pages you have to use chrome with translation tool, I can't find all the found information now, have to search my backup files.

Unilever has bought the former Bond/Personna Israeli plant. This obviously means an extra player in the market and Dorco losing a major customer having retracted from the North American direct market.

you can see one of the machines "flying in" while watching the pictures for the PCMR International at google maps.
Thanks for finding the article about the molding machines and posting the infos

Oops, sorry about the wrong assumption.
There is the possibility that they bought part of the production line, hence plant not factory. It's too strong a coincidence.

Anyway Unilever opens factory in Israel...

Top Bottom