What's new

Ultra Lounge Series

I've purchased a number of albums from this series: Mondo Exotica, Tiki Sampler, Bachelor Pad Royale, Wild, Cool & Swingin' and Christmas Cocktails. Which album is your favorite? Do you listen to any iTunes radio stations that track the genres of music in this series? Just curious, I enjoy the series quite a bit and was curious what others think.

That looks like a good one as well. I enjoy the "low key party" genre quite a bit ... makes me feel like inviting friends over for martinis.

Big fan here. From high cheese to some eye (or ear) opening revelations, this series is a staple around my place.

The Christmas Cocktails set has become part of our holiday routine. I still snicker at some of the stuff, but there is also some incredible talent on display in this series. Just the other day I threw some on during a little dinner party, and I got three "Man, where can I get this music?" responses.

Currently can't get "Cha Cha D'amore" out of my head, thanks to the Ultralounge series. Shoo-shoo little bird, indeed.

[YOUTUBE]B0kubfCCxms[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I have a bunch of them and they're fun for parties or when I'm just in the mood for making a giant tiki drink. Right now, I'd say that my favorite is Mondo Hollywood. I love "Experiment in Terror." It's a very cool period song, but it was also the theme song to a late night horror movie series that I used to watch when I was a kid.

Christmas Cocktails has also become a part of our holiday routine. It's a fantastic CD and Christmas would not be the same without it. Since the music is of the same general genre, I generated a playlist with all of my Ultra Lounge albums on it and it's fantastic to just let it play ... and play ... and play.

Wild, Cool & Swingin' is my favorite - takes me immediately back to the late '90s and martinis in abundance. WCS2 is good too as well as the Julie London album.

Another fav is Divas Exotica (not part of the Ultra-Lounge series but same vein) with tracks by Ann-Margret, Sofia Loren, Brigitte Bardot and even Maya Angelou (?!?!).

Top Bottom