What's new

Type of Handle-TruStone or Acrylic?

Hello everybody, I was hoping to bounce some ideas off of you. I'm currently in the process of ordering a custom brush from Bob Farvour, which has been going great by the way. He's very helpful. It's come down to what type of material I want the handle to be. TruStone or Acrylic. I found an acrylic pattern that I absolutely love, but I've read that TruStone is better quality. Which do you guys prefer and why? Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

I own brushes made of both. There's really no better or worse. Just different. By and large, the tru-stone will have more heft. On the other hand, the consequences of dropping it are likely to be worse. Go with the color, pattern and look you prefer.

I own brushes made of both. There's really no better or worse. Just different. By and large, the tru-stone will have more heft. On the other hand, the consequences of dropping it are likely to be worse. Go with the color, pattern and look you prefer.
I agree, also trustone does not come in larger sizes so that will be limited.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You will find in both materials a huge variety! trustone is a great material, but the easy to find blocks are quite small. Large blocks are available from the maker, but they come in pretty big blocks and are sold by the weight, it will get quite pricey for a brush handle.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help. I think I'll go with the acrylic not only because of the price but more importantly, I really like the pattern.

Top Bottom