What's new

TWSBI nib compatibility

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed they will. In fact, you can swap the nibs from Kaweco's and Lamy with them. Just pull off the old nib and push the replacement one into the feed unit. Works quite well.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Indeed they will. In fact, you can swap the nibs from Kaweco's and Lamy with them. Just pull off the old nib and push the replacement one into the feed unit. Works quite well.

Uh ... might want to check that swap a little more closely. I don't think you'll be able to put a Lamy nib on anything but a Lamy, but then again ...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Uh ... might want to check that swap a little more closely. I don't think you'll be able to put a Lamy nib on anything but a Lamy, but then again ...
We're three minutes from noon here. I sure hope he read my PM to him (right after his response) and checked the calendar before buying anything.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The third paragraph here is what you want.

Ink Nouveau says that 540/580 nib units are interchangeable.
"But the cool thing is that all of the 530, 540, and 580 nib units are interchangeable, so you can use older nibs on your new 580, or get 580 nibs for your older TWSBI pen."

But don't go buying Kaweco or Lamy nibs for your TWSBI please .

Last edited:
Ink Nouveau says that 540/580 nib units are interchangeable.
"But the cool thing is that all of the 530, 540, and 580 nib units are interchangeable, so you can use older nibs on your new 580, or get 580 nibs for your older TWSBI pen."

Thanks... that's what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom