What's new

twining's green tea- thumbs down

Wow, talk about a rush of memory! I tried Twinings Lapsang Souchong for the first, and last, time over 20 years ago and could never put finger (palate?) on the taste. It's pine, alright!

Jeps, they smoke it over pine logs (or so they say)! Unfortunately, it gives them a license to use lower-grade tea. If ANYONE has come across a lapsang souchong that's actually made out of good tea, do please let me know. I've been trying for years... :chinese:

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

I had some rather nice lapsang souchong from Teaspring last summer listed, approximately, as Zheng Shan Souchong. They seem to have three other lapsangs on offer at the moment. I've not tried them personally but I've heard a few thumbs on teachat for the lapsang at teaspring.

I'm currently ploughing through some from Harvey Nicks which is distinctly mediocre.

Teaspring, I should have known! Great for greens, and I'll check them out for the lapsang. Ta!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. Lapsang souchong = zhengshan xiaozhong when written in actual pinyin (proper-mountain, lesser-type)

Top Bottom