What's new

Truefitt & Hill Discontinuing Some Items

AMENDED: SEE POST BELOW FOR UPDATED INFO

I received the following email from Jason McClure, Men's Grooming Manager at Knox Cigar. They are planning on opening a dedicated Men's Grooming site, www.fineshaving.com, in May.

Jason plans on getting more involved in our forums when his site opens.

He asked that I pass on this information.

Tom

==============================================

The purpose of this email is to inform you of some discontinuations announced by Truefitt & Hill. As you and your board members seem to be well informed, you may already be aware of this information. If not, I hope this information will be of interest to you and of some benefit.

------------
Truefitt & Hill have announced to us that they are discontinuing the following items from their classic fragrance line:

* Aftershave (splash-on only, the Balm will still be available)
* Shampoo
* Bath & Shower Gel
* Single Soap Bars
* Travel Badger Brush in tube

◙ NOTE -

They are also discontinuing their 3.75” brushes in addition to some of their gold razors and stands, but we don’t carry these items, so I don’t really know that much about them.

-------------

I hope this information can be of use to you and your fellow wet shavers.

Jason McClure

Men’s Grooming Manager

KCC, Inc.

===============================================

vontech said:
I received the following email from Jason McClure, Men's Grooming Manager at Knox Cigar. They are planning on opening a dedicated Men's Grooming site, www.fineshaving.com, in May.

Jason plans on getting more involved in our forums when his site opens.

He asked that I pass on this information.

Tom

==============================================

The purpose of this email is to inform you of some discontinuations announced by Truefitt & Hill. As you and your board members seem to be well informed, you may already be aware of this information. If not, I hope this information will be of interest to you and of some benefit.

------------
Truefitt & Hill have announced to us that they are discontinuing the following items from their classic fragrance line:

* Aftershave (splash-on only, the Balm will still be available)
* Shampoo
* Bath & Shower Gel
* Single Soap Bars
* Travel Badger Brush in tube

◙ NOTE -

They are also discontinuing their 3.75” brushes in addition to some of their gold razors and stands, but we don’t carry these items, so I don’t really know that much about them.

-------------

I hope this information can be of use to you and your fellow wet shavers.

Jason McClure

Men’s Grooming Manager

KCC, Inc.

===============================================
Wow, I for one am bummed out by this revelation. It sounds as if T&H is trying to break into the "feel good meterosexual fad" with its' new flavors, scents (do not get me wrong, probably great stuff, I can attest to the great new shampoos and pomade) at the expense of the tried and true (fitt-no pun intended) scents of the classic a/s and shower gels, soaps etc...

What more can I say. I guess in some way it is good for guys like us since the consolation is once it becomes official most vendors will drop the prices on the "classic products" and you will be able to get them quite cheap!

If you do hear more please do fill us in.

Best,

Joe

Hello,

This is the first I have heard of discontinuing T&H lines. I have emailed the Broughtons to see if T&H London know anything about this.

Regards, Robert

Amended email from Knox:

My rep did not make it clear to me, but the items mentioned are still going to be available in London. They are not going to warehouse them in the US and if any US vendor wants to order these items, there will be a significant lead time. I feel like a total boob for not getting my facts completely right before passing the word on to you. Even though these items are still going to me made by T&H and will be available in the UK, we should see them being harder to find in the US if vendors don’t order enough stock to last during extended lead times.

Once again, I’m sorry for jumping the gun and not giving 100% accurate information.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Jason

Top Bottom