What's new

Tonight's Supper

Just thought I'd share tonight's meal.

Every 2nd Wednesday SWMBO works late and I take the opportunity to cook something for myself she won't eat. It might be Fettuccine Alfredo, might be linguine and pesto with pan seared scallops, or maybe Cod Tongues and Cheeks, even Sheppard's Pie with real ground lamb.

Tonight was a ginormous strip steak 5 minutes in the grill (3 min 1 side, flip and 2 mins more), with sauteed onions and mushrooms and a few dashes of Worcestershire, along with potatoes wedges tossed in a little olive oil and paprika. Beverage of choice was Eric's Red Cream Ale (from a local micro brewery).

Right now, I'm feeling kinda full!!!

proxy.php

Hmmmmmmm, nearly perfect, but maybe a little overdone!!

proxy.php

That looks awesome man! I would say it's a perfectly cooked steak IMO. I don't know why but potato wedges kinda scare me, I want to make them but fear them getting cooked on the outside and still raw and hard on the inside. How do you make 'em? I was thinking cut, par boil then roast/grill?

SNIP<<< I don't know why but potato wedges kinda scare me, I want to make them but fear them getting cooked on the outside and still raw and hard on the inside. How do you make 'em? I was thinking cut, par boil then roast/grill?

Cut them into wedges, toss in a little olive oil (maybe 1-2 tbs, depending on how many you're cooking), sprinkle with paprika and toss again. Place in a single layer on a heavy cookie sheet that's been sprayed with Pam (or other cooking spray), then lightly spray the potatoes with Pam. Place in a preheated 425 Deg oven. Turn over after ~ 15 minutes, spray wedges again and put back in over 'till done, about 10 - 20 minutes depending on size of wedges.

NOTE:

The Pam and high heat simulate deep frying. Not as good, but a little healthier.

Enjoy.

Jim

A fine looking meal. The only thing that would make it better is if it were sitting on my table. :thumbup:

Cut them into wedges, toss in a little olive oil (maybe 1-2 tbs, depending on how many you're cooking), sprinkle with paprika and toss again. Place in a single layer on a heavy cookie sheet that's been sprayed with Pam (or other cooking spray), then lightly spray the potatoes with Pam. Place in a preheated 425 Deg oven. Turn over after ~ 15 minutes, spray wedges again and put back in over 'till done, about 10 - 20 minutes depending on size of wedges.

NOTE:

The Pam and high heat simulate deep frying. Not as good, but a little healthier.

Enjoy.

Jim

Somehow breakfast isn't going to satisfy this morning. The occasional hunk-o-meat is a wonderful thing. I wish I could get if occasionally.

-jim

Top Bottom