What's new

Tobacquisitions for July 2014

Today is 7/1/2014 ;)

Brothers and sisters of the Leaf. Please tell is what you have acquired.

I have ordered from Walker Briar Works in the past. They make a wonderful product. Alas, it's a little rich for my blood; especially considering the international shipping.

So I put in an order at customcorncobs.com. The people there were an absolute pleasure to deal with and their price points ale their product even more desirable.

I got a bunch of goodies:

Country Gentleman
Morgan Nosewarmer
Custom Eaton with a clear acrylic stem
A white acrylic straight saddle bit stem( pictured on the Gent)
White acrylic bent freehand
And a green acrylic bent stem

They even threw in some softy bits, a Czech tool and the standard stems that come with the pipes. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. They don't have the spiffy brass inlay that WBW does but they smoke very well.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404219121.014996.jpg

What I love most about these stems, aside from the resistance to chewing, is that they reduce the draw of the cobs.

Last edited:
I also picked up what were the last two tins of original Momoyama from that fateful general store, a Z-plus insert for when I smoke a cigar (thank you Derrick! ;) ) , and a new to me Custombilt.

I have been on somewhat of a hunt for Custombilts and Tom Howard pipes as they are usually wonderful smokers and I don't have to worry about scuffing them up.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404219433.881280.jpg

Just took possession of a "Golden Horn Block Meerschaum" Calabash from a friend of my brother. Will put up pics as soon as possible, but I will probably spend the night cleaning it and giving it a test-run.

I picked these up from eBay:
1. Savinelli meerschaum-lined bent bulldog - Cleaning it up now, sharpening up the rim, which was rough, and buffing the stem.
2. Kaywoodie meer-lined billiard #04 w/4-hole stinger (same as my favorite billiard, which my uncle gave me) - Hasn't arrived yet, but from the pics, it's gonna be a restoration challenge.
3. Walnut 6-pipe rack - Great price and looks nice in the pics. We'll see if it's really that nice when it arrives.

Also got a bunch of Lane samples and settled on these for my rotation: LL-7 (current fave), 1Q, BCA, 50/50 mix of 1Q and BCA, and BLWB (Burley Light Without a Bite). Got some other nice samples in trade and am working through those.

Dave

Won a lot off of Cigar Bid for a 12 pack sampler of 5 Vegas... the regular, the gold, and the gold Maduro. All of them are in the torpedo shape. I'll have to hunt down their Triple A while I'm at it.

Last edited:
I bought a Xicar 10 cigar humidor. I've always told myself I don't smoke enough to warrant maintaining inventory, but my trips to the smoke shop are becoming more frequent. Also, went to an awesome cigar store in Destin, FL, Harbor Cigars, and they carry cigars I can't get at home. I had no choice other than purchasing a humidor.

2012 code MUR, couldn't resist. :blush:

Attachments

• $IMG_5112.jpg
    $IMG_5112.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 128
  • $IMG_5124.jpg
    $IMG_5124.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 127
  • $IMG_5127.jpg
    $IMG_5127.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 129

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Picked up a nice Nording meerschaum billiard with a military mount.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404688973.054139.jpg

Sigh. I need help. I blame my brother for this. It's his fault I bought this pipe and the last one. Lol
Well, I'm still waiting for this purchase to arrive;
$uploadfromtaptalk1404719938321.jpg

It hasn't even landed from my brother forwarding it and I buy this beautiful pipe!
$uploadfromtaptalk1404720027114.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1404720078252.jpg

Sigh, the bay is so dangerous... Now if only I could find a deal on one of those spinning Peterson pipe stands... Lol

Last edited:
My pops has officially caught PAD.

He's getting various pipes and has decided to take back his old pipe rack that my mother got for him way back before us brats were born. To make it up to me, he bought a different Sherlock Holmes pipe rack for me.

My original one came in, but it needs some work. This one will probably need some work as well, so I may try to get someone to restore both of them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I went down to Traverse City yesterday for a concert, so on the way out this morning, I hit a couple of antique shops, and came home with a "new" pipe. It's a Bertram bulldog, and it's in pretty good shape, use-wise. Cosmetically it's not that great, but I'm not generally cosmetically-minded.

$IMAG1561.jpg
$IMAG1568.jpg

Top Bottom