What's new

Tobacco suggestions for best room note for non- smokers.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What are your suggestions for a pipe tobacco with a room note that is least offensive to non smokers that doesn't taste like crap. SWMBO is completely adverse to smoking of any nature. Although I don't think I can convert her, I would still like something that will offend her the least.

I was thinking of starting the same topic. For me it seems no matter how good the room note it's the stale smoke smell left afterwards that is bothersome.

I've been debating trying some Boswell's aromatics as they seem to always be highly rated for flavor and room note. Their Christmas Cookie always seems to top many lists.

Capt Black White, Lane 1Q, Lane RLP-6, C&D Autumn Evening, C&D Founding Fathers, McClelland Town Topic, Boswells Berry cobbler & Raspberry cream.

Smoking in the garage or outside might help....use a smoking jacket and jeans, never smoke in your day to day clothes. In my experience, it's just like allawd said. It's the stale smoke smell that linger forever that is naaaasty.

I am going to go ahead and say 1Q is one of hte best, if not the best, room notes you can have. And, it tastes great.

When I go to my parents house I will occasionally smoke a pipe outside. My mom hates this. She hates the smell and the idea of me smoking.
When I smoke 1Q however, she actually doesnt mind. She says she really likes the smell and has even sat out with me as I smoke before.
And, to make things better, 1Q is and has always been one of my top 5 favorite tobaccos.

+1 on the Lane 1Q. Try to smoke burley-based aromatic for the best room note. Avoid Latakia and Syrian/Balkan blends. They will leave a musty, dank room note.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just ordered Lane 1Q, C&D Autumn Evening and Founding Fathers, McC Town Topic and several other 'baccy tins. Thanks all for the suggestions (and enabling)!

Top Bottom