What's new

Tobacco Question

I was out and about today and came across some menthol pipe tobacco. Now this was really cheap like 1.54 I'm assuming that this is a low quality brand and that it would not be very good.
Is there any menthols out there for pipes or is this just one cheep brands attempt?

Sounds like it was tobacco meant for rolling your own Cigarettes.

Pipe tobacco is taxed at a much lower rate than cigarette tobacco. Thus you will very often find large bags of tobacco labeled as "pipe tobacco" for very little money, but they are intended for making your own cigarettes, not for smoking in a pipe.

I have never (yet) heard of an actual pipe tobacco containing menthol.

One could certainly attempt to smoke these bulk "pipe tobaccos" in a pipe, but I would expect them to be severely lacking in flavor.

Last edited:
What he said :thumbup:

Pipe tobacco is taxed at a much lower rate than cigarette tobacco. Thus you will very often find large bags of tobacco labeled as "pipe tobacco" for very little money, but they are intended for making your own cigarettes, not for smoking in a pipe.

One could certainly attempt to smoke these bulk "pipe tobaccos" in a pipe, but I would expect them to be severely lacking in flavor.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think John is correct. I smoke menthol cigarettes, but I wouldn't want a menthol pipe tobacco.

This is what I would have said also. Though you never know what goes into Cube.

I believe you all were right went to another store today and they had it with the cig tobac.

I believe you all were right went to another store today and they had it with the cig tobac.

Daughters and Ryan RYU blends were premium cigarette tobaccos. There are some pipers who have smoked them, though it is not meant to be smoked in a pipe. They have carried on their line of tobacs getting around the laws regarding taxes by being supported by the community of sellers who sell their blends are 'pipe' tobaccos.
You can see more here:
http://pipesandcigars.com/daandrypito.html

Top Bottom