What's new

Tips on a father's day gift......

Alrighty, somehow my father has managed to completly destroy his C&E BBB :001_huh: So, I've been cruising around the web today trying to find the best brush for him, but I have manage to confuse myself. This is where I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I am looking for the best soap/cream brush in the 50-70 dollar price range. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Brace for impact--you'll get plenty of solid recommendations shortly. :biggrin:

If locally available is a requirement (you want to hand-deliver on Father's Day), then replacing that C&E BBB is possibly your best option, depending on where you live.

If you can wait for mail order, then you've got a lot of good options. I'll suggest a few and others will chime in shortly. The ones I suggest are around $70-75 and work very well with both creams and soaps.

Rooney 3/1 -- stiff, but very soft against the face

Kent BK4 -- very flexible (floppy?) and very soft, but with just a hint of prickliness (at least mine has it)

The Rooney appears to be the favorite here of the two, but either will serve your Dad well. I through the Kent in as a recommendation because, while the C&E BBB is far from floppy, it is not as firm as a Rooney, and it could be that your Dad might prefer a less densely-packed brush.

Great gift idea, BTW!

Maybe a nice Simpsons Beaufort B4 if you can still find one. Would be extra nice if you could get a new one but before Vulfix took over, as it would make a nice collection piece too! :wink:

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Well, if I knew I would tell you. All I know is the other day I walked into his restroom to borrow some Pinaud Vanilla aftershave and I saw his brush without the handle. When I asked him he said he didn't know so I suspect it was a cat...

Kevin

Easy. Go to Lees Razors. Cal the guy and tell him you're a B&B member. Tell him Mike Lipphardt says you absolutely must have a Vulfix medium 660 in SUPER badger. The best $51 you will ever spend on a badger brush.

Well, thanks for all of the excellent input. I've decieded to go with a Vulfix 660 Medium Super badger brush. :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Top Bottom