What's new

TI Pastes

Anyone got any advice on how to get TI pastes out of their little dispensers? I've shaken them up to mix the contents. Shaken them down to get the contents near the tip. Then I press, press and press again that little bubble in the end. I can get the paste to the very tip, but not a drop will come out. I think my thumb's about to fall off I've pressed that darn thing so many times, but no paste.

Is there a trick to this?

Drop them a bowl of hot water first, then give a good shake to get the paste down to the dispensing end.

Allegedly warming the tube in the hand helps but I find the hot water more effective.

Just be prepared for a bit more than you expect to be dispensed.

i have to say i'm glad i'm not the only one i think the dispensors are useless. i blasted mine with a hot hairdryer. not sure if this could damage the paste in any way. how are you using the paste are you finding they work?
gary

how are you using the paste are you finding they work?

Not very effective as long as the paste is inside the container. :tongue_sm

Actually, I don't have much experience with pastes, so I won't be much help comparing these to any other paste, but once I get my strop pasted up and try it, I'll let you know how it goes.

I will once again plug www.mcmaster.com as a great place to get a wide range of affordable, water soluble diamond pastes.They come in a standard syringe.

They also happen to sell just about anything else you can think of as well

...He left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back...

Thanks Seraphim, but where do you find the pastes?

Not very effective as long as the paste is inside the container. :tongue_sm

Actually, I don't have much experience with pastes, so I won't be much help comparing these to any other paste, but once I get my strop pasted up and try it, I'll let you know how it goes.

to be onest i'm not using paste much nower days as i'm more than satisfied with a coticule edge . but i have tryed what it says on the instruction page i got with ti paste and it seems a little over the top to start from 6m after you have a 12k finish or 8k.
the results are nice finishing with just 1.0 and 0.25. just a thew swipes on each. if you over do it with this stuff you end up with a seriously harsh edge.

Top Bottom