What's new

Threw out some items today

When I was filling my new cabinet (that matches the vanity), I threw away a couple of items that went back to my bad shaving days:

1. Gillette Sensor razor

2. Canned shaving cream that just had a little bit in it.

I will never look back since switching to a DE! :thumbup1:

Mark H

Well Done! I still have some M3's kicking around in my home, but I haven't used on in almost a year.

I have a big full can of goo that I just let sit there. I haven't been able to bring myself to chuck it yet.

I have a big full can of goo that I just let sit there. I haven't been able to bring myself to chuck it yet.

I hear that if you rub it on the bathroom mirror it wont fog up. Not sure if it is true as I found this out about 6 months after the last can of goop went away

I hear that if you rub it on the bathroom mirror it wont fog up. Not sure if it is true as I found this out about 6 months after the last can of goop went away

This is true, I do it at home. Just don't use too much or it'll take forever to take off and leave crazy streaks.

My dad uses shaving cream from the can to clean his eyeglasses. I tried it and it does work very well. I just can't justify having cans of goo to clean glasses if I am not using them to shave. I hadn't used the sensor in over a year, so it was time to remove it.

i would have kept the Sensor just in case. the blades last a long time YMMV, give good shaves and arent near as expensive as the new stuff out.

I do this when I travel. You can get small cans of goo at the dollar store. I wouldn't use it on my face, but it's perfect for the hotel mirror.

i would have kept the Sensor just in case. the blades last a long time YMMV, give good shaves and arent near as expensive as the new stuff out.

I agree with the longevity of the blades, but I didn't have any more cartridges, so just got rid of it. Compared to DE blades, the Sensor ones are pretty expensive, but the new stuff is outrageous.

Mark H

My dad uses shaving cream from the can to clean his eyeglasses. I tried it and it does work very well. I just can't justify having cans of goo to clean glasses if I am not using them to shave. I hadn't used the sensor in over a year, so it was time to remove it.

I must give that a try with one of the cheap varieties of canned foam.

If you can...i'd grab that Sensor back outta the bin. The handles are extremely hard to come by and for a cartridge razor it does a great job when you're in a rush or traveling.

Top Bottom