What's new

There was a crooked man...

He built a crooked... well, everything! But in this case, it happens to be a brush. And more of a restoration.

Was refurbing this unknown gem,

20210511_232402_2.jpg

when the chromed bit blew up whilst removing the knot.

As the crooked man possesses no skills and only slightly more woodworking gear, he had to come up with a low-tech method of repair. After wracking his 378 remaining brain cells for some time, he decided that since he does have a hole saw, he could begin the ferrule-making operation with a plug of mahogany. The upper accent stripe was cut by two passes of a table saw and filled with CA and azurite powder. The original lower part was stained in Black Walnut juice and distressed and the mahogany ferrule was left alone. Finished in CA. The lines aren't straight and everything is lopsided, but there you have it. Pretty in concept, if you can overlook the execution! There is a nice silvertip knot incoming (which will be set deeper).

20210523_113728_2.jpg

Not surprisingly, another drilling incident resulted in yet another revision. I threw in some Chinese pallet wood this time. Hard as a rock, but pretty cool wood! Pic is from the SR shave thread, but I'll repost here.

20210606_192524.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not surprisingly, another drilling incident resulted in yet another revision. I threw in some Chinese pallet wood this time. Hard as a rock, but pretty cool wood! Pic is from the SR shave thread, but I'll repost here.

View attachment 1279740
Those are magnificent my friend! Wow. If I had any extra brain cells I'd let you have them: imagine what you could do then!

Top Bottom