What's new

The worst movie you ever watched.

"Alien 3" was awful. I saw it in the theater as a teenager; me and a buddy nearly walked out.

"Avatar" was terrible. Bad acting, bad dialogue and he stole the plot from Kevin Costner. It's "Dances with Wolves" in space. They should have called it "Dances with Na'vi".

"Fast and Furious" - 90 minutes of my life, gone.

If you get a chance you should check out the rough Assembly Cut of Alien 3. It isn't a masterpiece, but it makes the story a whole lot more coherent.

Eyes Wide Shut....torture

I would have said that just after the first time I saw it. Now I am not so sure after time has gone by and I have seem at least bits and pieces of it many times on cable. It somehow sticks in the subconscious and is epically creepy. I am not sure that is not good film-making on some level.

I do not like it. But I have come to be able to get it, at least to some extent. I am not a huge Kubrick fan, anyway, although I respect him and Full Metal Jacket was amazing.

I admit it was darn hard to sit through the first time and I do not think I would willingly watch it beginning to end again.

If you mean "worst" as in bad but good.. The Room is hands down the worst film of all time. It's so bad, it's actually awesome. The most unintentionally hilarious movie I've ever seen. Take a terrible dialogue, lump together a few of the finest worst actors you've ever seen, add a plethora of absurd side stories, a dash of epic quotes, a $6 million budget and you have The Room.

The most despicable film I've ever seen is Hostil. Just a terrible waste of film, full of twisted filth that can't be unseen. I regret ever being convinced to watch it.

Last edited:
As an aside, the mention of Big Lebowski in this thread is telling that the poster has either A) never before seen any Brendan Fraser movies or B) Loves Brendan Fraser movies.

"Avatar" was terrible. Bad acting, bad dialogue and he stole the plot from Kevin Costner. It's "Dances with Wolves" in space. They should have called it "Dances with Na'vi".

Everything copies everything. I'm blown away when something I didn't expect happens in a movie. That said, I went into "avatar" expecting to see robots fighting aliens and got exactly what I expected. Was not disappointed.

If you mean "worst" as in bad but good.. The Room is hands down the worst film of all time. It's so bad, it's actually awesome. The most unintentionally hilarious movie I've ever seen. Take a terrible dialogue, lump together a few of the finest worst actors you've ever seen, add a plethora of absurd side stories, a dash of epic quotes, a $6 million budget and you have The Room.

Someone beat me to it!

One must suffer a merely Bad Movie until it is finally over.

A bad movie gets nominated for Worst Movie when it doesn't know how or when to end. The director has obviously deluded himself into thinking that he has an Oscar potential in this film, and honestly believes that the audience is hoping for the story to continue at least another 45 minutes.

--------

Vaudeville audiences were spared the pain and embarrassment of acts that didn't know when to end through a device known as "the hook" -- the hook of a cane would physically grab the offender by the neck and, to the audiences delight, pull him right off the stage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there are so many movies that are bad in different ways. I mean there are bad movies I love to hate and watch, but there are movies I find unwatchable altogether. For example, I cannot sit through any Transformer movie. I just can't. A really bad movie that I did finish watching is The Keep. I find it infuriatingly bad, because there is actually unrealized potential to be found. It also has some interesting and even great actors in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085780/

Last edited:
King Solomon's Mines with Sir Richard Chamberlain. Got up and walked out of the theater when the natives put Sir Richard's character in a gigantic stew pot with plastic vegetables. LOL!!

Also walked out on Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner.

Top Bottom