What's new

The SCORE! - October and November 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a surprisingly slow score thread for September, let's see what you guys are picking up the month before most deer seasons start coming in. Whatcha' got, whatcha' bought!?!? :001_cool:

PTR91 GI and Glock 21 (gen 3). Last Items before the Oct 1 Gun Ban.

Attachments

• $DSC_0017.jpg
    $DSC_0017.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 164
  • $DSC_0019.jpg
    $DSC_0019.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 165

SLR 107 SF - I have been wanting a side folder of this type for quite sometime now. I've had parts kits built before and they turn out awesome but they tend to be expensive so that eliminated that option. I looked at the SGL's but I really preferred the SLR's. So after a year of waiting for another batch to imported I finally picked it up yesterday. Hog hunting anyone?

$IMG_20131026_142922_989.jpg

1970 H&R Model 999 Sportsman.

I've been wanting one for a while and found this one for the right price.
Best part is, It was in like new condition with the original box and owner's manual!

They had just put it in the display case 15 minutes before I showed up.

It had a damaged mainspring head due to it being made of nylon that had degraded after 43 years. This causes light strikes and failures to fire. An hour or two in the machine shop resulted in a new head all nice and hand fitted and made from steel. It runs like a Swiss watch now.

I spent today showing Bicycle Poker chips who's boss.

Last edited:
Forgot to stick this one up when it first arrive and I took it out to the range for some exercise. A 1920s Remington Model 51 .380. A very pleasant shooting pistol. I'm not keen on the .380 ACP cartridge but this pistol is addictive to shoot. An acquaintance made this quite decent example available at an attractive price so I picked it up. An uncle had one of these when I was a kid.
proxy.php

An over-engineered pistol, it's not just a simple blow-back .380 design. All steel but light and well-balanced, it is a pretty sturdy way to do .380 ACP. It's famous for being very ergonomically designed; it's designer putting a lot of study and thought into it's point-ability and it shows when the gun is shot. It's almost like a pre-World War II laser equipped design. It's also very accurate if one can use the tiny sights provided. I had to don the reading glasses to shoot it for accuracy but was rewarded with tight groups, shot casually at 7 yards.
proxy.php

Larger dimensionally than one of the modern "runt" .380s like this wretched Kel Tec P3AT, it's just as thin though.
proxy.php

My birthday present from the wife, though I picked it out. A Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP in .270, it came with the Nikon 3-9X40 scope. I put two boxes of rounds through it today, and once I got the scope dialed in, it was a blast! 1.5 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards in windy conditions. I can't wait for deer gun season!

Attachments

• $savagerifle.jpg
    $savagerifle.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 102
My birthday present from the wife, though I picked it out. A Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP in .270, it came with the Nikon 3-9X40 scope. I put two boxes of rounds through it today, and once I got the scope dialed in, it was a blast! 1.5 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards in windy conditions. I can't wait for deer gun season!

I love my .270, Jason, it's a great caliber! :thumbup1:

. . . bought my very first handgun on Saturday:

$SS229.jpg

9mm Sig Sauer P229, special configuration. Beyond the rosewood grips, I'm not yet sure what, if any, other "special" features it has. I put 100 rounds through it at the range yesterday, and it shoots pretty sweet-- very smooth. Just guessing, but I suspect it may have the short reset trigger. I'm told that if you give Sig customer service the serial number, they will provide specifics on special configurations, so I plan to give them a call.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
. . . bought my very first handgun on Saturday:

9mm Sig Sauer P229, special configuration. Beyond the rosewood grips, I'm not yet sure what, if any, other "special" features it has. I put 100 rounds through it at the range yesterday, and it shoots pretty sweet-- very smooth. Just guessing, but I suspect it may have the short reset trigger. I'm told that if you give Sig customer service the serial number, they will provide specifics on special configurations, so I plan to give them a call.

beautiful with the grips!

beautiful with the grips!

Ditto! I don't recall seeing a Sig with wood grips before; it looks great!

Thanks, guys! Yeah, it was those rosewood grips that caught my attention! :drool: I spoke with a Sig CSR yesterday afternoon and was able to confirm that my pistol's "special configuration" consists of the rosewood grips, night sights, high capacity magazine (15 rounds) and, last but not least, short reset trigger. I'm eager to get back to the range.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
This is my first post in the SCORE! with something I purchased to show off. And not only that my first purchase of anything firearms related.

Picked up a case to transport my fathers Ruger .45 to the range. It's a tight fit but it zips and will work.

and my first cleaning kit.

A small but necessary purchase.

$IMG_20131129_115208_117[1].jpg

Black Friday's Black Rifle!

The lower I've had sitting idle for a couple months.
Picked up the top half today to finish it off.

Forgive the clutter, the All that is Manly room
is currently under renovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom