What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Hi,

Well, the Slant-iers all *said* to think Guillotine as to how Slants work. It is only fitting that one of them made a razor to take blades that look the part! :p

Stan

Your Souplex looks very like my Big Ben. The case and head look identical. The Big Ben handle is hollow. I believe the Souplex is solid?

proxy.php

If it's a fantastic shaver they may well be the same. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Your Souplex looks very like my Big Ben. The case and head look identical. The Big Ben handle is hollow. I believe the Souplex is solid?

proxy.php

If it's a fantastic shaver they may well be the same. :biggrin1:

Have not read this whole thread, so maybe someone reported it already:

Souplex razor (made in England)

G.I. & Co (George Ibberson) - actually an Old Type copy.

Both very nice shavers ...

Very similar to my Paragon
proxy.php

Is it the Paragon which has a solid handle? Just noticed the Paragon comb looks a tad different. The teeth on the end are wider on the Big Ben and Souplex.

Last edited:
Ah right thanks for that info. One did have a sold handle though.
I seem to remember it being mentioned, maybe even in this thread.
Not that it's overly important. They're all great shavers then is the important thing.

Don't worry, it's always nice to see not-often-seen razors such as yours ;) I particularly like the Big Ben and its boxes :)

We already talked about the Famex "Cage head" razor, here are mine :

Don't worry, it's always nice to see not-often-seen razors such as yours ;) I particularly like the Big Ben and its boxes :)

We already talked about the Famex "Cage head" razor, here are mine :

Oh my! Those are beautiful. I have never before seen a Famex like the cased one on the left. Very Nice!

Bought this on the Bay from Czech Republic ,looks French? No marking on case or razor .Comes with styptic stick holder .Thought Cha- Wing!! might have seen this before

Glenn

$image.jpg

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Sorry I have never seen this one before, but I love it ! I've seen some similar handles, but on short-screw models, and they were not marked either :/

Found this at a flea market yesterday. Does anyone know anything about it? All it says is Germany on the base plate. The handle is solid brass and the head appears to be silver plated.
$20151119_125919.jpg
$20151119_130034.jpg
$20151119_130301.jpg

Top Bottom