What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

proxy.php

proxy.php

My Czech Soluna (not sure what vintage) that I shaved with today... it's a little scary!

Jonsta

Are those bars rolled down a bit, or was it made that way?

My German made Ben Hur Number 2 just arrived from Portugal.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A quick clean, no polish and it was ready to go. Being confident of German manufacturing and design I shoved a Feather blade in it and into action. I wasn't looking for the closest shave ever as I still have a sensitive neck after last nights first attempt with a Tech Devette. This is a very nice shaver. It may be a Gillette OLD Type clone but it's milder than an OLD Type.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A very comfortable shave with zero irritation. Just what I wanted today. I like it. I like it a lot but then I'm always impressed by my OLD Type.

That's a very cool razor! I like it!!!

That's a very cool razor! I like it!!!

It's a wee cracker aint it? I've just shaved 3 days with it with a Feather blade and today I used my OLD type with a new Feather. The OLD is definitely more aggressive than the Ben Hur. The Ben Hur tames the Feather nicely but the end result is the same. I like em both. I'm a big fan of these razors with thin top caps. I'll keep me eyes open for more non Gillette type clones. That Rotbart-Mond is an absolute stonker. I wouldn't replate it either.

Hello gentlemen, I just received this funny one, marked "Bonanza Safety Razor" :

Great looking razor. My Rotbart SR clone is a great shver.
And I missed this vibrating one, marked "Diademe" :

Would have been fun ! :/
That looks interesting!
Here's a few of mine:

King Oscillating Razor
View attachment 569745

Hoffritz (not slant)
View attachment 569746

Pomco (slant)
View attachment 569747

Barbasol
View attachment 569749

Rivolia
View attachment 569750
KJ! Beautiful razors. Voour collection constantly amazes me.

Top Bottom