What's new

The Le Maurice razor from Atelier Durdan

I'm thinking about jumping at the deep end with the 1.8 gap and I was wondering if anyone owns at least the 1.6 gap version to shed some light on how it performs.

Someone in this thread might know...

Maybe try in the link...

Someone in this thread might know...

Maybe try in the link...

I've seen those, but there's very little info about the 1.6 gap and none for the 1.8, since it's new. But I just saw that they are going to have a 15% off sale Nov 20-Nov 26.

Why the 1.8 gap? That seems super big and nearing straight-razor territory. At some point, it is no longer a 'safety razor'! 🤔

Why the 1.8 gap? That seems super big and nearing straight-razor territory. At some point, it is no longer a 'safety razor'! 🤔

That's because the blade exposure is quite small (+0.05mm) and most people report that the smaller gaps from 1.0 to 1.4 are quite on the mild side and I prefer something with high efficiency and I'm either going for the 1.6 or the 1.8 gap.

That's because the blade exposure is quite small (+0.05mm) and most people report that the smaller gaps from 1.0 to 1.4 are quite on the mild side and I prefer something with high efficiency and I'm either going for the 1.6 or the 1.8 gap.

I would personally look for something with a little more blade exposure then. I tend to think a 'balanced' blade exposure and gap provide the optimal experience with my whiskers, skin, and shave frequency.

Special occasions or 'events' are when a razor out of the norm really works for me. That's when I would look for a really large gap and/or more blade exposure option like my Muhle R41 today. I am gradually stepping up in aggression/efficiency over time though, so maybe it will become my daily razor in a few years. 🤣

With the same exposure through the gap range, the lower the gap has a smaller shave angle as opposed to the larger gap. The smallest gap you have to be more on point to find the optimum shave angle where the larger gaps have a wider shave angle and you don't have to be as precise...

Top Bottom