What's new

The Graveyard!

Van der Hagen Deluxe. About a year and a half old, this soap got second life as a croap with KMF. I found the scent too reminiscent of baby oil, but used baby oil as my preshave this morning out of respect. With the KMF grapefruit, it smelled just like baby aspirin! Despite being 40% emollient, I always found the soap drying by itself. I use Select for my microwave compounding now. Less smelly.

R.I.P. Tweezerman Pure Badger brush.
February 2013- February 2015.
$TweezermanRIP.jpg

Will not replace. Ever.

A bottle of Alt Innsbruck was finished a few days ago. The bottle had a few cracks in it so it was used quite a lot over the last month in a successful attempt to use it up before it spoiled.

It will definitely be replaced at some point.

Not shave-related, but the forum inspired me to explore various fragrances...

Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

Go ahead and laugh...It was not my "signature" scent but I enjoyed it very much.

Proraso White Pre-shave went to the recycle bin.

And then opened up a new one.

The Proraso Pre-shave is dead! Long live the Proaso Pre-shave!

A tub of Razorock Mudder Focker. The first soap I've finished since starting wet shaving. Will definitely replace when it's available again!

This was Speick´s last breath.
It was a great soap stick but I am glad that the only Speick in use will be the AS for a while.

$2015-02-18 10.31.44.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My Dr Dittmar is all done. It is good enough to be replaced, but since I have years of stock to work through, I will probably forget about it in 3-4 years down the road. :tongue_sm

Almost three years ago I picked up a vintage Gibbs_Shaving_Stick. My notes show it starting at 49-g and logging 54 shaves, ending this morning. However I think the original weight was about 50-g and I put in a shave or two before I started tracking them, so the true total was probably 55 or 56. Anyway this was a pretty good soap: not the best I have used, but a solid performer. The original scent was gone, and eventually I re-scented it with T&H Spanish Leather. That worked out well.

For the last dozen or so shaves I grafted the stub atop a Palmolive stick. I thought the T&H Spanish Leather scent was pretty strong, but the Palmolive completely overpowered it.

wiki_asset.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom