What's new

The Graveyard!

My second visit of the year marks the end of a tube of Old Spice Lime Cream. As I am participating in the sabbatical, I won't be replacing it this year. I really like it and my only concern is that it contains parabens.

Finished a grated stick of La Toja about a week ago. Will definitely replace after i do some damage to my other soaps.

So much for my sabbatical. Maybe I'll start a month later. Anyway:

Hardware
*Unbranded Weber Bulldog handle

Shaving Cream/Soap
*Mystic Water Viola di Bosco
*TOBS Avocado

Finished a tube of Proraso red today. It has been my go to for the last 3 months or so. It will be replaced next year when the 2014 sabbatical ends. Next victim is a LEA stick.

$IMG_00000806.jpgDon't like it half as much as my liz earle but I've another bottle because as far as value for money is concerned this knocks the socks of £18 100ml liz earle.

This morning I laid to rest my first stick of Arko. I bought it almost three years ago from a T-shop in Istanbul, for one shiny Turkish lire. At the time that was a little less than 1/2 USD. My accounting for the early shaves was spotty, but I figure it lasted about 90 shaves total: not bad for 50 cents.

Since then I have stocked up on Arko whenever a good deal comes along, so I have many more in reserve. I like the scent, and the performance is great as long as I make sure to work in enough water.

I just completed a shave soap from Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg last week. I have to say they can be rather hard to build a lather sometimes.

And in general, i feel it gets harder to lather up when the soap is nearly depleted, with tiny bits of soap bits here and there.

Just finished a bottle of AV Ice Blue. Lucky I had a spare. This will be the first bottle of store-bought A/S I have finished in almost 6 years. I had been using straight rubbing alcohol and a couple homebrewed splashes until about two months ago. I've got a molded puck of Speick (started as 1 1/2 grated and pressed sticks) that's on it's last legs, and my Yeti Snot is looking pretty thin. That old VDH boar puts a hurting on soaps!

A bottle of Thayers original. I have a replacement in stock from last year so I have continuity. I notice, however, that the price label on the old bottle reads $12.75 and on the newer stock, $14.99.

I have been using a tube of Godrej Menthol Mist for various reasons over the past several months. Performance-wise, it's pretty good but nothing special...I would purchase another tube only because the cream makes a wonderful superlather partner by providing a freezing menthol component.

For the past month, it had been relegated to sacrificial test lathers to speed up the break-in process of my RazoRock "Amici" brush.

$20140206 - Godrej Menthol Mist.jpg

Another puck of SCS has gone on to the great gig in the sky. I am not in acquisition mode and I already have a dozen-ish pucks if SCS remaining in the den so I will not replace this soap at this time. Still, I love Wendy's soaps and should I ever get close to depleting my SCS stock I will most definitely purchase more.

Top Bottom