What's new

The "Fool's Pass"

I have just over 30 shaves with a straight razor. I read it takes over a 100 shaves to learn to shave with a straight razor. I have still yet to try a "Fool's Pass". When did you first try a "Fool's pass"? I'm close to trying.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
proxy.php

I always do wtg, xtg and atg; a total of three passes. It's not a macho thing but the only way for me to get a good long lasting BBS. I guess that it wasn't until after about 40-45 shaves that I dared to go atg on my upper lip. Up until then i used my trusted R41 atg on the lip. The trick is to move the lip against the blade and keep the razor still. You can even hold the blade with both hands while moving the lip and doing small nods. It isn't easy, It still is the last step in my shave, but after some time it comes naturally.

My reward is a pride in being able to do it and of course victory in my life long battle against the perhaps coarsest and most fast growing facial hair a man can have. For the first time in my life I'm reasonable huggable for my loved ones twelve hours after shaving.

+1
I always do wtg, xtg and atg; a total of three passes. It's not a macho thing but the only way for me to get a good long lasting BBS. I guess that it wasn't until after about 40-45 shaves that I dared to go atg on my upper lip. Up until then i used my trusted R41 atg on the lip. The trick is to move the lip against the blade and keep the razor still. You can even hold the blade with both hands while moving the lip and doing small nods. It isn't easy, It still is the last step in my shave, but after some time it comes naturally.

My reward is a pride in being able to do it and of course victory in my life long battle against the perhaps coarsest and most fast growing facial hair a man can have. For the first time in my life I'm reasonable huggable for my loved ones twelve hours after shaving.

I bought a new dovo straight and did not find it shave ready at all. Anyone else?
This is another thread, but to answer your question; except for the owner of Shavenation, Geofatboy, I've actually never heard of anyone that's got a new Dovo that's been shave ready. I believe Dovo calls it factory honed.

Top Bottom