What's new

Thank you Ray @ Gentlemen's Best!

**I'll start by saying I hope I've posted this in the appropriate forum.**

Hello all at Badger & Blade. I’m new to the forum as of a few days ago. This great site which I’m already loving was recommended to me by Ray at Gentlemen’s Best.

I stopped by the store Saturday after reading an article online entitled “Oldtime shaving shop opens in Southington”. I had been searching for a while trying to locate such a store in my area so I was happy to find Gentlemen’s Best. Arrived early in the afternoon and was greeted by Ray. I explained to him that I was interested in starting/learning to straight shave but had a very small knowledge of the subject. He pulled out a couple trays of vintage straight razors and began helping and teaching me the things I’d need to know. We went over the process and what supplies are needed for a nice shave as well as the range of products available. He answered all my questions and even took the time to go over each item in the store. It got really neat and informative when I was treated to a tour of his personal collection of razors from all eras of history. An hour and a half later I was greatly appreciative of all the time he spent with me after my enquiry.

I ended up purchasing the vintage Diamondine 5/8 straight razor which came recommended as giving a great shave. I left my number so I could return to the shop when a couple items are back in stock so I’m good to go. When that happens Ray even offered to show me how to get a good lather and go over specifics again. I’m looking forward to this visit and then my first straight shave.

I just wanted to say I truly appreciate all the help and advice Ray had to give me and that after this experience Gentlemen’s Best in Southington, CT will get my business again and again.

So Ray if you read this thanks so much!

Sincerely,

-James

James
Nice post , Your lucky to have a shop like this near you. I hope Rays ( third eye) shop and the precious few others around the country receive allot of patronage. There are so few of them.

Be sure to get that lather instruction in. The lather can make or break whatever kind of shave you have in mind.

Southington's got a unique resource in Gentlemen's Best.

- Chris

I bought something from Ray < Gentlemen&#8217;s Best > just last week. Two thumbs up, for helpfulness, service and good pricing.

DD

I really need to get up to Connecticut....+10 on GB's products and the proprietor ... class act all the way.. along with great pricing

Top Bottom