What's new

Tabasco brand hot sauce: Has it changed?

It every bit as lame as it always was. Try Louisiana hot sauce. Vastly superior to Tabasco.

I haven't read the 3 pages of this thread but this is my opinion as well. I never got why some people like Tabasco, when Louisiana is so much better. Different taste buds obviously, as with everything YMMV.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Worse than that texaninkc, I like different hot sauces for different things. I love Frank's on chicken for wraps, Sriracha goes great in chile and soups where I want hot and garlic. . . and so on. Where I am Tobasco used to be the only hot sauce on the shelf so I guess it still is the default hot sauce for many people.

I've never noticed a change in Tabasco, never been one of my favorites but I've always enjoyed it.

As for chipotle sauces, Bufalo is by far my favorite. Goes great in everything and is also perfect for making that restaurant style dipping sauce.

I bought my wife a gallon of the green tabasco sauce for her birthday last year, 15 months later we are down to the last half liter bottle that we decanted it into.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I bought my wife a gallon of the green tabasco sauce for her birthday last year, 15 months later we are down to the last half liter bottle that we decanted it into.

Wow! I like some heat but gosh how did you consume this much? Maybe you have some tips as to the things you enjoy this sauce with?

Mike

You know, it is kind of odd. When I was in my twenties I kind of cared for hot sauces. No thermonuclear stuff but some pretty hot sauces nonetheless. I rarely use any of it anymore. As others mentioned it has become all about the heat. Flavour? What flavour? Just pour some rank, stinking hot pepper juice into some nasty distilled white vinegar(and rest assured that is what about 95% of the bottled sauces are using for liquid) and other flavourings and voila`, hot sauce. I know it is a bit more complicated than that but honestly, bottles of sauce with warning labels on them? Another oddity is that I live about 30 miles from one of the most prolific manufacturers of condiment sauces in the USA. Original Juan on Southwest Boulevard in Kansas City Kansas. They have a large number of sauces under their own brand names and make a TONNE more for private labeling. Chances are good that many of the brands of bot hot and bbq sauces that are distributed around the midwest have some relation to Original Juan. My favourite is the Cowtown bbq sauce. They make all the "Pain is Good" sauces as well.

Regards, Todd

Well I grew up with your basic red taco sauce made from red jalapenos. With seeds in it. Loved it. Used Tabasco but it was too vinagery for me. I like the flavor of Red Devil hot sauce. A much better flavor, similar to Crystal and some others. I currently like Cholula, El Pato (which isn't very hot) and a few other mexican hot sauces. But my favorite is Sriracha with the rooster on it. Great on pizza and other things. Have even made hummus with sriracha in it. Great! Haven't tried any of the other srirachas out there and there are many. But I may try a few. I like going to an oriental market an wandering the aisles, there are many sauces out there. I also have a salsa made with the bhut jolokia pepper, one of the hottest out there. Very nice flavor, fruity. But it is hot. Can't eat too much of it because of the heat and I do get something of a buzz from it because of the heat. Good stuff:biggrin1:

If I'm going to use Tabasco, I prefer the chipotle variety. I like to use the habanero Tabasco to mix with mayo for hamburgers. Usually, though, if I buy hot sauce, I buy cholula.

Theres a Habanero spiced version of Tabasco. Have a little more taste in it than the ordinary. I have no longer experience with Tabasco "beginner baby tastebuds" version so i dont know if it have changed over the years. ;-)

However i have extremly strong sauce called Da Bomb. Claims to be one of the stronger ones. and its supposed to have over 100.000 scoville heat units. One drop or two in the sauce or frypan and
its hot enough for me. You can really ruin food if you have one to much.

The bottle have a friendly picture of a A-bomb on it. Really strong sauce bottles always seems to have those kind of illustrating cheesy pictures.

Top Bottom