What's new

Tabac Man: Fire Power review

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tabac Man Fire Power (TMFP) arrived from Germany yesterday. Less than two weeks.

Some pix:

full

Hm. A little blurry ... how about:

full

Too small! You can hardly see it. One more ...

full

There it is. OK. As a fan of Tabac, I was of course interested in this new flanker, as described in the thread started by @Diogenes (and thanks for the tip!)

Tabac Man Fire Power! A new fragrance

According to another (ahem) place on the net, TMFP has its notes in this order ...

Top notes:
Carnation, Bergamot, Cardamom

Heart notes:
Tobacco & Lavender

With a base of:
Patchouli, Vanilla and Benzoin.

At first spray, it smells familiar ... but like what?

I really like amber and benzoin scents- PannaCrema "Labdano" showcases labdanum, a warm incens-y resin.
Labdanum - Wikipedia

Benzoin is another warm resin that's used as an incense.
Benzoin (resin) - Wikipedia

So, taking TMFP from the ground up; yes, the benzoin's resident. The vanilla, luckily, is faint- I don't care for it much. It overpowers. Patchouli's faint too.

On the top end, it reminds me of some other carnation heavy-hitter, but I can't remember which! (EDIT: I checked. Giorgio for Men, is the answer. Love that stuff) Cardamom rocks and the bergamot's resident as well.

Taken in all, it's a little bit like Salvador Dali pour Homme, but warmer and with less patchouli.

The middle notes are elusive at this point. My nose is wrecked from cross-checking with other colognes!

The TMFP bottle looks like it should smell cinnamon, but nothing like that's inside. The presentation's a little low-end and indeed the stuff's about $15, so. It is what it is.

I like this, and will use it. Has a place, especially for it's price point. Unsure if you can really call it a Tabac flanker; let me know what you think. Hopefully it will be available in the U.S. soon.

Any questions; I'll take a shot at answering.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
@Ad Astra that is a great review, thanks!

It's a little bit incoherent. At first I thought it reminded me of the woodsy Nautica scent; warm but cheap.

Then I sprayed the two side by side: nope.

The stuff has some staying power, not great but better than most bottom-end colognes.

I was hoping for more Amber, but with the carnation and the cardamom, it's an interesting trip.

AA

Edit: nobody likes the hand-forged iron die in pic three? Medieval shave-counter.

It's a little bit incoherent. At first I thought it reminded me of the woodsy Nautica scent; warm but cheap.

Then I sprayed the two side by side: nope.

The stuff has some staying power, not great but better than most bottom-end colognes.

I was hoping for more Amber, but with the carnation and the cardamom, it's an interesting trip.

AA

Edit: nobody likes the hand-forged iron die in pic three? Medieval shave-counter.
I’m impressed that you still have the beautiful green liquid chilling in the glass bottle! And the die is pretty cool too.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I’m impressed that you still have the beautiful green liquid chilling in the glass bottle! And the die is pretty cool too.

Those are all blends ... The green is Frozen Veg (Veg+Osage Rub), the brown is Bootleggers BR and the clear is Florida Water with glycerin.

The forum will teach a person a thing or two!

AA

Tabac Man Fire Power (TMFP) arrived from Germany yesterday. Less than two weeks.

Some pix:

full

Hm. A little blurry ... how about:

full

Too small! You can hardly see it. One more ...

full

There it is. OK. As a fan of Tabac, I was of course interested in this new flanker, as described in the thread started by @Diogenes (and thanks for the tip!)

Tabac Man Fire Power! A new fragrance

According to another (ahem) place on the net, TMFP has its notes in this order ...

Top notes:

Heart notes:
Tobacco & Lavender

With a base of:

I really like amber and benzoin scents- PannaCrema "Labdano" showcases labdanum, a warm incens-y resin.
Labdanum - Wikipedia

So, taking TMFP from the ground up; yes, the benzoin's resident. The vanilla, luckily, is faint- I don't care for it much. It overpowers. Patchouli's faint too.

On the top end, it reminds me of some other carnation heavy-hitter, but I can't remember which! (EDIT: I checked. Giorgio for Men, is the answer. Love that stuff) Cardamom rocks and the bergamot's resident as well.

Taken in all, it's a little bit like Salvador Dali pour Homme, but warmer and with less patchouli.

The middle notes are elusive at this point. My nose is wrecked from cross-checking with other colognes!

The TMFP bottle looks like it should smell cinnamon, but nothing like that's inside. The presentation's a little low-end and indeed the stuff's about $15, so. It is what it is.

I like this, and will use it. Has a place, especially for it's price point. Unsure if you can really call it a Tabac flanker; let me know what you think. Hopefully it will be available in the U.S. soon.

Any questions; I'll take a shot at answering.

AA

Just saying, there is a matching AS available, too, in case you like the scent...

(... and then I realized this is a thread from 2017...:c4:)

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I actually revised Tabac Man Firepower today.

Verdict stands: good but not great cheapie.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What's it smell like?
I'll still go with the above:

Top notes:

Heart notes:
Tobacco & Lavender

With a base of:

Labdanum - Wikipedia

AA

Top Bottom