What's new

Tabac and Mr Fine American Blend

NicksMom just got back from NYC and brought me a couple of treats from Pasteur Pharmacy. I can’t wait to finally try these iconic soaps!

CE6C3B82-C732-4468-9AD1-87A47914F679.jpeg

All the Fine shaving soaps use the same soap base. I like them a lot. Note that container they give you is only large enough to hold the soap for travel. You should find a larger bowl or tin to load the soap from.

The Tabac soap is Fantastic and so are all their products, got the Tabac soap for Christmas and love it. Is the Fine in a tub a soft soap or a hard triple milled puck?

The Tabac soap is Fantastic and so are all their products, got the Tabac soap for Christmas and love it. Is the Fine in a tub a soft soap or a hard triple milled puck?
It is the same hard soap puck, Fine just packaged it differenty because people complained about having it come in the cardboard box. Dummies! The whole idea was to replicate the vintage products. Now, you end up paying more for a useless plastic container.

It is the same hard soap puck, Fine just packaged it differenty because people complained about having it come in the cardboard box. Dummies! The whole idea was to replicate the vintage products. Now, you end up paying more for a useless plastic container.

Thanks for the info Atlantic, A Fine puck will be my next buy. A puck I can press into a ceramic large bowl.

Thanks, all! Yep, it’s a hard puck and I think it loads pretty easily from the container. I had a fantastic shave with it this morning. Tabac is on deck for tomorrow.

Thanks, all! Yep, it’s a hard puck and I think it loads pretty easily from the container...
Yes, it can be loaded from the container or a mug. A larger bowl gives more room to swing the brush and you can get even better results. Load heavy, many times people load too lightly. Try it, you might like it.

Yes, it can be loaded from the container or a mug. A larger bowl gives more room to swing the brush and you can get even better results. Load heavy, many times people load too lightly. Try it, you might like it.

Sometimes I face lather or use a bowl, but I hand lathered this morning so I could feel it. SUPER slick and produced a mountain of lather. I really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom