What's new

Synthetic colors - only for show?

Hi all.
A few years ago, the latest and greatest 4gen synthetic knots were the plissoft or the silvertip fibre.
I took a break from synthetics but now, after being tremendously impressed with a Maggard 30mm black and white brush, I looking into getting a new knot for a restore project that I has been waiting for a while.
I started looking into getting a few knots but got confused by the new array of options.
I saw there are the different black-and-white, tuxedo, cashmere, brown, cream, tan, etc knots from the different distributors.

Do the differences boil down to aesthetics or do they also have differences in material?

Cheers

ERez

All I can say is the black synth (Gamechanger, BOSS, etc) is a whole different beast than the “angel hair” synths. I gave all my other synths away except for the black. The tuxedo I put in a handle for my brother seemed very nice too but I’ve never used one myself.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Maggard sells the Black&White,the Gray Timber Wolf,the Plissoft,the Brown and the Cashmere.
I have all of them and they do have differences, the Plissoft and the B/W have a little more back bone and a Better Face feel (to Me) The 28mm Plissoft being my Favorite .

Top Bottom