What's new

Supermax Super Stainless Blades...

There are new additions to the Supermax family in my online store.

I am setting up the logistics and paypal modules and soon expect to officially open in the Vendor corner.

What an excellent site. When I am next in need of supplies I might want to place a sizeable order with you, on creams and blades. Are you able to ship to the UK?

Edit: I have just seen that you stock Shulton Old Spice, so when my P&G OS has run out I will certainly be wanting to place an order with you.

Last edited:
Today I popped a super stainless from my sampler pack in my Feather portable razor. I had a great, smooth and BBS shave with it. Two more Supermax varieties in store for me, so I will keep you updated.

These are very nice blades indeed. I actually prefer them to the Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum coated blades.

I have been using Derby Extras as my standard blade,but always suffer from irritation,as I have mega sensative skin.

Im always on the look out for a bargain,and when I saw these blades at 400 for 11.99 on ebay,inc p&p I couldn't resist!. I made up my mind if they were ok they would be a bargain.

I have been so impressed with them they are now my stock blade.They are not a very sharp blade but I get 4 shaves(two on each side) from a blade.At the above price I could afford to thow them away.

The great thing about these blades is I get no irritation,at all and no burn.Because the blades are not mega sharp,I use a bit of pressure,and go over bits at the end.I am left with a perfect smooth shave.

I always shave last thing at night,and have a drop of nivea balm.If you have mega sensative skin these blades love my face.The results have been amazing!.

I recently saw 600 for about 13 quid pp inclusive on ebay?.Back up a truck and get them in.I will not be using any other blades again.My Derby Extras remain in the box.

I tried some cheap Laser indian blades before,and they minced my face,and caused mega irritation.Whatever these blades are they are wonderful.They are a different type of blade than a feather etc.But they require a different technique.I have enough blades for about 3 years! Happy Shaving

Regards

Martin

I got 100 in the mail from DE Shaver this weekend. They seemed to really like to cut...me. I got 2 slices in my chin. I dont think my mind was with the shave. The rest of the shave was great. I'll give it another go tonight and see if I really like them.

I never cut myself, so it must have been distraction.

I have used 2 types of the super stainless ( I think they are the same blade just different packaging for different markets )

I like them both the blue package ones were the first I tried out ( thank you tchmango ) , worked great for me .

I went ahead and bought 100 of them ebay along with some astras sp ( 200 blades for 13.40 total , i think i got a good deal :thumbup: ) these ss are the yellow and green packaged ones , they work just as fine

I am very tempted to buy a larger lot of them now , of course i am rather new to this ,but I would recomend them

I got 100 in the mail from DE Shaver this weekend. They seemed to really like to cut...me. I got 2 slices in my chin. I dont think my mind was with the shave. The rest of the shave was great. I'll give it another go tonight and see if I really like them.

I never cut myself, so it must have been distraction.

Let us know how they work out. I would hate to think I sold someone blades that are not right for them.

I too also bought 100 from DE Shaver, and I find they work very well for me. They seem much sharper than a Shark SC, but just a tad less smooth. The extra sharpness helped shave a few trouble spots I normally have, and since I have fairly resilient skin, I don't mind them being not as smooth.

Now I have another blade to add to the rotation. :thumbup:

Also, I really liked the the cardboard hanger that folds into a box. :tongue_sm

I got 100 from DE Shaver fairly recently, and just tried my first blade. It was nice! I put the blade in my 40's Super Speed and did my regular prep. Afterwords my skin is nice and smooth, and very comfy! Can't really say how it compares to my favourite blade at the moment, Red Pack Personnas, but it seems very comparable so far. More shaves needed, but am looking forward to them.:001_smile

I got 100 from DE Shaver fairly recently, and just tried my first blade. It was nice! I put the blade in my 40's Super Speed and did my regular prep. Afterwords my skin is nice and smooth, and very comfy! Can't really say how it compares to my favourite blade at the moment, Red Pack Personnas, but it seems very comparable so far. More shaves needed, but am looking forward to them.:001_smile

I'm glad your purchase was satisfactory. :thumbup1:

There are three versions of Supermax blade in order of sharpness and price

1) Supermax Stainless - Dull barely good for a shave or two - on the rough side. Not a personal favorite
2) Supermax Super Stainless - Sharp and smooth blade for 2-3 shaves. A notch below the Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green
3) Supermax Platinum - Smooth coated blade. Does a fine job and lasts 2-3 shaves

Thank you for the precision. Been a while since you posted this, but I just now needed that information.

Joe

Well- and you also have the very best of the bunch of course. SuperMax Super Platinum.
$ss.jpg

Well- and you also have the very best of the bunch of course. SuperMax Super Platinum.
View attachment 349114

These Super-Max Super Platinums are surprisingly good blades. I have no plans to order 100 or anything, but I wouldn't mind having 20 lying around. I found them to be every bit as smooth and versatile as Astra SPs (high praise in my book).

Just tried the Super-Max Super Stainless. Not good. Lots of grabbing and skipping. Mediocre shave. However, no irritation.

Last edited:
There are three versions of Supermax blade in order of sharpness and price

1) Supermax Stainless - Dull barely good for a shave or two - on the rough side. Not a personal favorite
2) Supermax Super Stainless - Sharp and smooth blade for 2-3 shaves. A notch below the Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green
3) Supermax Platinum - Smooth coated blade. Does a fine job and lasts 2-3 shaves

Super-Max Super Platinum is my favorite Super-Max blade. Tons better than Super-Max Platinum.

I tried them, liked them, but not well enough to order 100, and I own lots of hundreds.
The best Indian for me, by far, is the Gillette Black.

Among the Indian blades, Supermax and Wilkinson are probably the best. I have not tried the 7o'clock blades. The worst Indian blades are Vidyut, Laser (inspite of the name!) and Topaz. Supermax is sharp and smooth and gives many shaves. Indian Wilkinson is sharp but a little rough and does not give as many shaves as Supermax. Nothing to beat the Supermax value pack of 20 blades.

Top Bottom