What's new

Superlather... it works!

I have heard often on this forum that the mix between a soap and cream creates an outstanding lather like nothing one had experienced before. Well I had a leftover Trumper Violet sampler and was wondering what would happen if I mixed it with some MWF. The result was nothing sort of legendary. It had to be the creamiest lather I have ever made, smelled really nice, and gave me the best shave I had to date with a DE razor. Truly a fantastic experiment.

Of course it works!:biggrin:I make a great superlather with Tabac or La Toja shaving soap with almost any cream and I love it!Glad that it works for you too.

3fa

is that the same super lather that Mantic was demonstrating in his video? coz i've gotta try that

is that the same super lather that Mantic was demonstrating in his video? coz i've gotta try that

Whether or not Mantic used those two specific products, I don't know; but, yes, the general idea of mixing a soap and a cream = superlather. Technically, Mantic's video shows using a glycerin soap + a cream; but, as the OP notes, you can use any combo of soap and cream to great effect! I often use two inexpensive products, such as Williams, VDH, or some very inexpensive boutique soaps and add some Kiss My Face cream, and get stunningly good lather. I'm not sure how easy these specific products are to get in NZ; but, you ought to be able to find some very solid options. Give it a try!

Well I took the idea from Mantic but I dont think he used the same product I used. I need to buy more Trumper Violet now to try the experience again (I own 0 cream aside from some sampler.)

I've been using my last tube of Proraso Red and either Cella (nice tallow base) or Proraso Green in the tub. Both combinations make gobs of lather and the most slippery lather I've ever experienced. Couple that with the Proraso preshave and and you barely feel the blade cutting!

VDH glycerin + proraso is my favorite superlather right now. i need to try it with different creams though. also wanna try it with my tabac!

Superlather just adds more variety to things. I enjoy different combinations and love to experiment. Today I went for a rather straightforward mix of D.R. Harris Arlington soap with Arlington cream. This was an excellent combination that provided a smooth, close shave.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I will need to try that since I have both at home at the moment.

I usually mix Proraso Green cream with Proraso white soap for my superlather. Perfect mixture of menthol for me. Proraso Green by itself is a bit to strong...

I read somewhere about using a soap and cream mixture with a little shot of straight glycerin. Uberlather what what the guy called it. I'll have to try it soon.

I read somewhere about using a soap and cream mixture with a little shot of straight glycerin. Uberlather what what the guy called it. I'll have to try it soon.

that's Jockeys I think.

I do uberlather with the cheap wilkinsons soap because I like the smell, esp when mixed with menthol cream.

It works, and it adds variety.

I tried my first "superlather" today with MB's Bonsai soap and Speick cream. It was wonderful! I can't wait to try all the soap/cream combos. Is this SLAD?

Top Bottom