What's new

suggestions for non-alcoholic beverage

The great thing is, I can't remember the last time I've had a bad hangover. One secret to knowing that you can drink in moderation is when you stop thinking about alcohol. Alcohol doesn't enter your mind, even if you've had a stressful day at work.

Just try other things to relieve stress; reading works for me.

Another thing that helps is portion control of food. It is the single thing that fixed my A1C number. True it takes some adjustment to get to 1/2 cup this, and 3 oz that, but if you add variety thru fruits and vegetables, you'll find yourself full and satisfied. I never thought to pick up fruit in the grocery store in the past, and now I buy fruit all the time.

Have something planned as a small snack right when you get home. Whatever path you work out, I'm sure you will succeed in it, have faith and patience.

+1 to club soda. I got a seltzer bottle and it's helped curb my drinking some. I'll have to try adding bitters to it as was suggested above...

The great thing is, I can't remember the last time I've had a bad hangover. One secret to knowing that you can drink in moderation is when you stop thinking about alcohol.

Good suggestions: I quit smoking cigarettes in Jan and don't think about it every day. Once in a while still, but not since stopping the alcohol. Funny how those 2 go together.

Wouldn't that just be fruit juice

Yes and no. Fruit juice per say converts to a lot more glucose in the body than wine. Probably due to the fermentation process. White wine will raise blood glucose at a much smaller rate per volume that OJ or any other fruit juice.

I enjoy the taste of just plain tonic water, normally drink it right out of the bottle with no lime or lemon. Has to be the quinine version of tonic water.

Top Bottom